Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Mike Martin has spoken about a 22 man squad that includes 4 academy graduates. If Mehmet has been offered the 23rd slot (presuming he is away in January) then that, at the moment, leaves us with - 

GKs - Rakovan, Siegrist, Mehmet

RBs - Wardrop, Murdoch

CBs - Frans, Edge, Toshney, Scobbie

LBs - Booth, Robson

CMs - Stanton, Fyvie, Allardice, Rabitsch

Wingers - Aird, King, Smith, McMullan

Strikers - Keatings, Clark, Curran, Chalmers(?)

The central defensive area is still pretty frightening and needs at least one more quality player in there (and assuming that at least one of the others is leaving). Would still like another creative central midfielder and striker. 

Edge, Toshney or Scobbie at centre half, even as cover, is unacceptable.

We don’t have unlimited funds but our absolute minimum is two centre halfs (halves?) and a target man.

18 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Mike Martin has spoken about a 22 man squad that includes 4 academy graduates. If Mehmet has been offered the 23rd slot (presuming he is away in January) then that, at the moment, leaves us with - 

GKs - Rakovan, Siegrist, Mehmet

RBs - Wardrop, Murdoch

CBs - Frans, Edge, Toshney, Scobbie

LBs - Booth, Robson

CMs - Stanton, Fyvie, Allardice, Rabitsch

Wingers - Aird, King, Smith, McMullan

Strikers - Keatings, Clark, Curran, Chalmers(?)

The central defensive area is still pretty frightening and needs at least one more quality player in there (and assuming that at least one of the others is leaving). Would still like another creative central midfielder and striker. 

The centre of that defence looks as bad as last years bar Frans, who ive never seen but will hopefully be able to defend in some capacity. Im guessing the new full backs will be fine but one or two injuries in defence we're as bad, if not worse there as Toshney will be fit...

What ever happened to the rumours that Edge was away? I so hope thats true. Then maybe a decent replacement can be brought in.

Centre midfield looks pretty strong at this level but the wingers dont fill me with huge excitement. They will be an improvement on Billy King running the ball out of play or McMullan struggling to reach the first man with a cross though so progress i guess.

No idea what Curran or Clark will be like but im guessing they arent particularly tall or good in the air which means we still need that 8 foot 5 Eastern European battering ram.

I agree we need a bit more creativity in midfield, another defender and the battering ram up front. Does look like we have some decent pace in that team though.

11 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

You’re only getting away with this cause you’re a Morrissey fan.

And people who aren’t Smiths / Morrissey fans are silly

People who are Morrissey fans are racist apologists.

Edge, Toshney or Scobbie at centre half, even as cover, is unacceptable.
We don’t have unlimited funds but our absolute minimum is two centre halfs (halves?) and a target man.

Toshney in the middle? I know, I know, it’s really serious.