Dundee United 2018/2019

9 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He was sold to Hearts in the January transfer window 2016, reported for around £150K.

He was going to be out of contract at the end of the season and we would have been due a development fee for him.

I believe the fee was much smaller than that (£20-40k) due to United insisting on a healthy sell on clause, might be bullshit but what I heard at the time. 

7 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

I believe the fee was much smaller than that (£20-40k) due to United insisting on a healthy sell on clause, might be bullshit but what I heard at the time. 

Fee was "undisclosed" as ever but Scotsman says £150K and Press and Journal says £170K. 

As we've seen with previous sales, journalists pluck figures out of the air most of the time.

I've heard we have a high sell on for JS too. Hearts knew they would have had much less chance of signing him had they waited until the end of the season so made the deal as attractive as possible to get him in 6 months earlier. 

He was hardly a loss at the time but looks a much better player with a good experienced pro next to him (like Kenneth with Webster). Sure I read Derby were sniffing around.

Im assuming the 700k is going to be kept for a rainy day (January transfer window) and not given to Csaba right now. If the deal goes through that is...

Also, has anybody seen the shite hes been slobbering about lack of medicals and the team bus shenanigans last season - forgetting the fact he was in charge for the vast majority of last season....

Im assuming the 700k is going to be kept for a rainy day (January transfer window) and not given to Csaba right now. If the deal goes through that is...
Also, has anybody seen the shite hes been slobbering about lack of medicals and the team bus shenanigans last season - forgetting the fact he was in charge for the vast majority of last season....

Was going to post about how that shit was really hacking me off, of the squad he inherited last year who was signed by McKinnon before the start of the season? I can think of McDonald who played almost every game, fyvie who he has just re signed, Stanton who played most games, king who played most games, McMullan who didn’t seem to have major injury issues last year, keatings had injuries but there were circumstances there which most people couldn’t have foreseen, scobbie and Quinn had some injuries but were mainly out of the team because they were horse shit. Harry lewis was fine all season and Mehmet only got crocked in the third last game and has been re-signed.

Contrast that to the signings made in jan- slater and Gillespie both of whom were in and out of the team- not sure if fitness played a part. Mason who seemed to go into hiding after the Falkirk game, Emil fucking lyng (who was also out injured for spells last season) and who the f**k knows about kadded and that other French lad. If he’s referring to these signings being a shambles and is blaming the previous chairman and board then why was he planting his nose up their arses in post match interviews?

Also claiming this 25 mile rule as a massive step forward due to his input when the seasons not even started.

The more I think about it I cannot fathom the faith that appears to have been put in him by Martin. It really just eclipses all of the other good statements and moves coming out of the club at the moment.

Scotland midfielder Stuart Armstrong has exited Celtic after the 26-year-old agreed terms with Southampton, with the clubs having already agreed a £7m transfer fee. (Daily Record, print edition)

David Goodwillie, the 29-year-old striker with three Scotland caps, could become a full-time player for the first time since Lord Armstrong ruled in a January 2017 civil action that he and ex-Dundee United team-mate David Robertson had raped a woman after a night out in January 2011, but League Two outfit Clyde want a six-figure payment after an approach from Scottish Premiership newcomers Livingston. (The Scotsman)

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

The more I think about it I cannot fathom the faith that appears to have been put in him by Martin. It really just eclipses all of the other good statements and moves coming out of the club at the moment.

Maybe Mike Martin is a religious fuckwit; it’s the same mindset.

Blind faith* over any rational thought or explanation.

* not to be confused with Blind Faith who were pretty good.  Younger posters may need to Google this.

19 minutes ago, JessieField said:

I'll bet the 7 million figure quoted is miles off, the papers always include the player's wages when they announce a "deal" has been made. 

Eh? Why would they do that? Seems a little silly...

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

Was going to post about how that shit was really hacking me off, of the squad he inherited last year who was signed by McKinnon before the start of the season? I can think of McDonald who played almost every game, fyvie who he has just re signed, Stanton who played most games, king who played most games, McMullan who didn’t seem to have major injury issues last year, keatings had injuries but there were circumstances there which most people couldn’t have foreseen, scobbie and Quinn had some injuries but were mainly out of the team because they were horse shit. Harry lewis was fine all season and Mehmet only got crocked in the third last game and has been re-signed.

Contrast that to the signings made in jan- slater and Gillespie both of whom were in and out of the team- not sure if fitness played a part. Mason who seemed to go into hiding after the Falkirk game, Emil fucking lyng (who was also out injured for spells last season) and who the f**k knows about kadded and that other French lad. If he’s referring to these signings being a shambles and is blaming the previous chairman and board then why was he planting his nose up their arses in post match interviews?

Also claiming this 25 mile rule as a massive step forward due to his input when the seasons not even started.

Hes obviously just saying pish he thinks people want to hear. Hes a complete blagger and has no idea what hes meant to be doing so hes slagging the previous manager. 

If he had these feelings last season he should have done this last season.

To me he's trying to buy time before he gets punted. We'll be sitting 4th in November and he'll be saying we cant get better players because they wont relocate to Dundee.  

We were shite because players wanted picked up at petrol stations. Not because they were shite players and were clueless as to what to do, had no want to be at the club and didnt respect commander Wafflepish.

David Goodwillie, the 29-year-old striker with three Scotland caps, could become a full-time player for the first time since Lord Armstrong ruled in a January 2017 civil action that he and ex-Dundee United team-mate David Robertson had raped a woman after a night out in January 2011, but League Two outfit Clyde want a six-figure payment after an approach from Scottish Premiership newcomers Livingston. (The Scotsman)

Of course Livingston want to sign a rapist to go with their sex offender in defence.

Mike Martin has spoken about a 22 man squad that includes 4 academy graduates. If Mehmet has been offered the 23rd slot (presuming he is away in January) then that, at the moment, leaves us with - 

GKs - Rakovan, Siegrist, Mehmet

RBs - Wardrop, Murdoch

CBs - Frans, Edge, Toshney, Scobbie

LBs - Booth, Robson

CMs - Stanton, Fyvie, Allardice, Rabitsch

Wingers - Aird, King, Smith, McMullan

Strikers - Keatings, Clark, Curran, Chalmers(?)

The central defensive area is still pretty frightening and needs at least one more quality player in there (and assuming that at least one of the others is leaving). Would still like another creative central midfielder and striker. 

Edited by stumigoo