Dundee United 2018/2019

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I thought it was a Hungarian meat and vegetable soup dish.

That’s goulash m9. Show some respect for your manager FFS. Do you know the Hungarian for cheeseburger? Hours of amusement there.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

None of the matters right now. What do you understand by the word Gulag?

I always thought a Gulag was some sort of prison / concentration camp in outer Siberia or Russia where people were more or less worked to the bone then left to die from disease or famine.

Much like an upmarket version of Airdrie or Paisley. 

7 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I always thought a Gulag was some sort of prison / concentration camp in outer Siberia or Russia where people were more or less worked to the bone then left to die from disease or famine.

Much like an upmarket version of Airdrie or Paisley. 

Or Dundee.

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Educate me in past language? You'll be telling me to refer to Utd in the top league as ye days of olde next, although that's not too far from the truth tbf. 

Shit evolves grandad; it's not the 1940's anymore. 

Jesus Christ - you'll be saying "would of" and "could of" will be acceptable just because people say it.

9 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Jesus Christ - you'll be saying "would of" and "could of" will be acceptable just because people say it.

If enough people say it, it will become acceptable. - that's how language evolves.

28 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Wow. I wonder if anyone else can spot the evolution of language in this post starting with the first two words. Irony overload. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

While I agree with your general point, saying "would of" or "could of" will never be acceptable.

Unfortunately both of those examples are going to end up being acceptable due to the amount of people using them. I was listening to a couple of language experts a few months back who said as much. They said the same about 'literally'. Ally McCoist will be chuffed. 

Apologies for dragging the thread off track, but Granny started it, so blame him. 

Anyway, Dundee United are shite. 

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Wow. I wonder if anyone else can spot the evolution of language in this post starting with the first two words. Irony overload. 

Unfortunately both of those examples are going to end up being acceptable due to the amount of people using them. I was listening to a couple of language experts a few months back who said as much. They said the same about 'literally'. Ally McCoist will be chuffed. 

Apologies for dragging the thread off track, but Granny started it, so blame him. 

Anyway, Dundee United are shite. 

I'd imagine people in a gulag run by a gulag have to do hard labour such as reading this thread.