Dundee United 2018/2019

10 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I see Ross County have joined Operation f**k Dunfermline

I know it is common parlance on multi club forums to act smug and pleased but, I am really starting to worry about Dunfermline's financial affairs.

Do they have anyone left? Why are they all leaving like snaw aff a dyke?

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I know it is common parlance on multi club forums to act smug and pleased but, I am really starting to worry about Dunfermline's financial affairs.

Admin on Friday?

Or is that just us?

52 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Because we're not spunking money at the players like one of the team's in the division who has fuckloads of money to spunk, and another one who is spunking money that nobody is sure they actually have.

We're placing financial security, stability and the long-term future of the club ahead of making a mad, expensive dash to the Premiership.

In short, they're leaving because we're unwilling to match what other clubs are paying them.

If I was a United fan I'd be asking the question "Where is this money coming from?"

You have the highest wage bill in the league by a fucking mile last season and, most likely a larger one the season before. The fact that you are offering more money than anyone else, especially considering the well-publicised debt levels the club has, I would be seriously question what happens if you fail to go up again this season.

13 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Because we're not spunking money at the players like one of the team's in the division who has fuckloads of money to spunk, and another one who is spunking money that nobody is sure they actually have.

We're placing financial security, stability and the long-term future of the club ahead of making a mad, expensive dash to the Premiership.

In short, they're leaving because we're unwilling to match what other clubs are paying them.

If I was a United fan I'd be asking the question "Where is this money coming from?"

You have the highest wage bill in the league by a fucking mile last season and, most likely a larger one the season before. The fact that you are offering more money than anyone else, especially considering the well-publicised debt levels the club has, I would be seriously question what happens if you fail to go up again this season.

Looks more like you're having a fire sale tbh.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Looks more like you're having a fire sale tbh.

If we were having a fire sale we'd be selling players who were under contract.

We've been extremely well run for the past few years and this is continuing, the way the season went brought is in more money than we had budgeted for.

We're simply unwilling to offer player more money than they are worth.

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

We've been extremely well run for the past few years and this is continuing, the way the season went brought is in more money than we had budgeted for.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

26 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

If you'd been following the post season goings on, you would know United have released circa 20 players (of varying degrees of dross) this summer so can afford to bung the likes of Aird and Clark an extra £50 a week and a move to one of Lonely Planet's Top 10 European Destinations.

I would focus on the exodus of Dunfermline's best players if I were you. There is something seriously wrong in west Fife.

14 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

If you'd been following the post season goings on, you would know United have released circa 20 players (of varying degrees of dross) this summer so can afford to bung the likes of Aird and Clark an extra £50 a week and a move to one of Lonely Planet's Top 10 European Destinations.

I would focus on the exodus of Dunfermline's best players if I were you. There is something seriously wrong in west Fife.

You couldn't afford those players in the first place, what makes you think you can afford their more expensive replacements?

7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Welcome to our world. 

United fans ignoring millions of pounds worth of debt because they "released twenty players and have only signed ten", are missing the point, somewhat.

They're also forgetting they have at least one manager to pay off at some point this season too. 

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

We've announced our first pre-season friendly, away at Brechin on the 3rd of July.

I'd have thought we'd have gone for easier opponents first up, Dunfermline for example.

Why would you play a pre-season friendly against someone in the same division?

Silly.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Welcome to our world. 

United fans ignoring millions of pounds worth of debt because they "released twenty players and have only signed ten", are missing the point, somewhat.

They're also forgetting they have at least one manager to pay off at some point this season too. 

They're not forgeting it, they're just trolling.

The sensible ones will know it's no way to run a club, especially handing the reigns to a guy they all think is shite.

9 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We've signed 5 new players and have given contract extensions to 4 of the squad from last season. Contracts were offered to Aird, Clark and McManus as well but shockingly they chose to get higher wages elsewhere. 

None of this is difficult to understand.

Edited by DA Baracus

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We've signed 5 new players and have given contract extensions to 4 of the squad from last season. Contracts were offered to Aird, Clark and McManus as well but shockingly they chose to get higher wages elsewhere. 

None of this is difficult to understand.

Seems to me a good bit of business for Dunfermline. Shift three players that weren't good enough for anything other than 4th place last season to other clubs who are for some reason are willing to pay them even more than the pars were last season.