Dundee United 2018/2019

4 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Would be a shite signing, would have been as well keeping Flood if this is the level of player we are looking at.

Hopefully Sturrock can unearth a few decent players from down south as that is what we were told he was being brought on board for.

36 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Thats what we said about the last over the hill guy we signed from St Johnstone...

Nope.

No thanks.

No way, José.

Pish, Millar was comfortably one of our best central midfielders last season, and still looks more then comfortable in the top flight. He's had disagreements with the manager over the past few seasons and we're moving to a younger squad, the vast majority of fans were desperate for him to stay. 

Scobbie was absolute dross who was always reliant of the strength of our defence to look competent. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pish, Millar was comfortably one of our best central midfielders last season, and still looks more then comfortable in the top flight. He's had disagreements with the manager over the past few seasons and we're moving to a younger squad, the vast majority of fans were desperate for him to stay. 

Scobbie was absolute dross who was always reliant of the strength of our defence to look competent. 

That's as may be but Millar is the very definition of a journeyman pro, playing in a team which was more than the sum of its parts. He was very average five years ago and is surely no better now. He certainly won't make the difference in winning the Championship. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

That could all be true but i thought Scobbie would do well - Scobbie was also wanted by Wright, albeit as backup - and he turned out to be Edgenguelesqué. So i think we may be better missing him out too.

If we did go for him and he signed id be very willing to give him the best part of 2 games before completely writing him off.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's as may be but Millar is the very definition of a journeyman pro, playing in a team which was more than the sum of its parts. He was very average five years ago and is surely no better now. He certainly won't make the difference in winning the Championship. 

Journeyman pro. 

2 clubs 

Think what's happened here is we can't afford to spunk as much cash after three seasons doing so, so we're now trying the absolutely disgusting Old Firm 'weaken your opponents' route.
Can see us finishing as low as 6th.

I prefer to think of it as us trying to recruit hard working players with the right attitude as opposed to wage thieves, but time will tell I guess?

It’s a physically hard, high tempo league where every team puts in a shift against us - I’d be worried about the injury risk to anyone joining at the tail end of their career.

47 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I think that's harsh. Over the past few years we've looked a worse team without him, including this season. He won't score winning goals, but he'll move you up the park with the ball on the deck and ultimately it'll help in terms of dominating games. 

22 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Two clubs in his 15-year professional career = journeyman

1075.gif

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Och, that was meant as in competent but not outstanding. I realise that the term is also used to describe someone who's had a lot of teams but I reckon my version's still an accepted usage. You can look it up if you like.

Hmm, maybe if we were posting on 'Hot Dogs & Beer', the American sports forum.