Dundee United 2018/2019

You guys have just signed Craig Curran from us for three years.
Craig's a non-scoring striker (29 goals in four years)  who will run all day and will leave nothing on the pitch.  He's also a non-scoring striker with a serious history of concussions.  Quite how he's managed to get a three year contract is beyond me.  There's no way he's going to see that through.
There's a lot to like about him, but, wow.  Three years.  

Hah, until you’ve had Darko Bodul, Mario Bilate, Henri Anier, Robbie Muirhead and Adam Taggart cross your path, don’t talk to me about non scoring strikers

Great to see we are moving quickly to get as full a squad as possible before preseason starts, as opposed to getting guys in at the last minute who will need to play catchup.

To be fair,  we are not messing about and delighted to see what would appear to be carefully selected signings coming in thick and fast. 

Also good to see guys committing early as opposed to hanging on to see if something better will come along.

Touch wood this batch will be decent.

Looking forward to finding out who our ferocious moyster keeper is going to be....

Edited by MacArab

26 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Adam Taggart 

9y78Q.gif

The only player I've seen who looks like he's going slower the faster he tries to run.

He's now scoring more than one every two games in Aus.

39 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Handed my season ticket back today.

United acting like Bayern Munich or Real Madrid just hoovering up the best players from all our rivals is not what I want. I want to see competitive leagues. Not a procession.

Craig Curran was by no way one of County's best players.  He'll do fine, but he's one concussion away from retirement.  

United acting like Bayern Munich or Real Madrid just hoovering up the best players from all our rivals is not what I want. I want to see competitive leagues. Not a procession.

Wharafanny............................

Season ticket to where........[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

3 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

But we didn't struggle last season.............we just lay down and took it up the arse.

Hearts did it the right way, but late for us to do the same.  Money not there much now.

We are becoming one of the regulars now.

2 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

4 strikers on the books now in Clark, Keatings, Curran & Smith. No height there at all, looks like another season where we are going into the start of the season without a target man option. Big mistake in my opinion.

Hope the rest of the team know not to play long ball up the park tactics...

Fraser Aird in position. The Canada star is circling Tannadice in a small plane ready to sky dive into Tannadice aided by a Union Flag parachute while The Sash plays over the tannoy, TeleSport understands. 

6 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

4 strikers on the books now in Clark, Keatings, Curran & Smith. No height there at all, looks like another season where we are going into the start of the season without a target man option. Big mistake in my opinion.

Agreed. 

Hopefully a target man is still in the offing. Not Big Mik please.

Laszlo will wait to the Christmas transfer window before signing a big striker who is unable to play up front on his own.

He will then play him up front on his own.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Craig Curran was by no way one of County's best players.  He'll do fine, but he's one concussion away from retirement.  

What is his his real position? Good assists rate?

The raw goals to games stats don't fill me with enthusiasm.