Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Sean Dillon is one of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice and I will never stop finding the love for him utterly baffling.

Limited player but extremely committed. 

Not great but you must’ve been wearing a blindfold for the last 4 years to think that. 

Nothing that you say about Sean Dillon can be viewed objectively.  You know this.

In this case I think I’m justified. Dillon over Murdoch. Of course, neither would be the correct answer but when we couldn’t find a suitable right-back we shouldn’t have shoehorned Murdoch into that role for as long as we did.

So it is Hammer Throwers FC in the playoff semi, a difficult but winnable tie and I am more than positive that United will progress.

I can not make either tie unfortunately but will keep a close watch on TV,  I wonder what sort of crowd can be expected.   County fans to join the home support in the first leg in the display of highland teuchterness you would expect from both sides.

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

So it is Hammer Throwers FC in the playoff semi, a difficult but winnable tie and I am more than positive that United will progress.

I can not make either tie unfortunately but will keep a close watch on TV,  I wonder what sort of crowd can be expected.   County fans to join the home support in the first leg in the display of highland teuchterness you would expect from both sides.

That is unfortunate. Although we beat ICT the other week I hope we continue to try and play football rather than getting dragged down into fight and punt fest like the cup game. If we do that I feel it will be much more difficult.

I still believe we will win and although I won't be at the 1st leg, I have my tickets for the home leg.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Absolute nonsense. Unless you started watching United in 2015 you’re talking pish.

Tbf, we've had far more pish since 2015 than prior to then. The criticism would ring more true if you stopped watching United in 2015. Even then, it's still nonsense.

Tbf, we've had far more pish since 2015 than prior to then. The criticism would ring more true if you stopped watching United in 2015. Even then, it's still nonsense.

I was more basing it on when Dillon started to decline rapidly. Between 2007 and 2010 he was a very capable and consistent fullback, 2011-2013 pretty adequate, 2013-2015 very inconsistent, 2015-the end, pretty rubbish (but still better than Murdoch).

Sean Dillon is one of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice and I will never stop finding the love for him utterly baffling.

Sean Dillon was a consummate professional who gave everything to the shirt every time he played.
He also kissed silver for us and was part of teams which consistently finished top 6 for us for a number of seasons.
Wash your mouth out.

No arguments that Dillon went downhill at an alarming rate from the 15/16 season onwards, but he was far from the worst player in that particular squad. Never mind one of the worst United players in recent years.

His mazy goal in the 5-1 game against Killie was one of the few highlights of our relegation  season.

But for almost his whole time at United he was a reliable defender who could  be trusted to play anywhere across the back line. Plus he's an absolutely sound guy to boot and as mentioned a member of our cup winning team.