Dundee United 2018/2019

9 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Well it looks like it will the the Maureens or Hamilton in the play-off final for the winners in the semi final.

Any preferences?

I think the Championship side will beat either of these teams but we need to get there.

The Maureens definitely.  

Not that we’ll be able to celebrate on P&B for about a fortnight if we relegate them.  :rolleyes:

It will be a strange couple of weeks because I actually think that the next two league games can be 'enjoyed' (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word) before the playoff drama begins. I hope that we get a decent crowd next Saturday for the last league home fixture (and the club are doing their fans tribute for supporters who have passed away this year). Would be good to have a flag display and hopefully a good atmosphere. Then to Greenock for a good away day on the last weekend.

In terms of the team I hope Neilson will rotate and give time to people like Matty Smith, Nesbitt, Fyvie, Sow, Bouhenna and those returning from injury Stanton, Cammy Smith etc. He did suggest in his post-match interview from yesterday that he is likely to do that.

I've always thought that beating the Championship team will be tougher psychologically. Hopefully with us on a decent run and the squad looking reasonably fit we can give it a right good go.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It will be a strange couple of weeks because I actually think that the next two league games can be 'enjoyed' (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word) before the playoff drama begins. I hope that we get a decent crowd next Saturday for the last league home fixture (and the club are doing their fans tribute for supporters who have passed away this year). Would be good to have a flag display and hopefully a good atmosphere. Then to Greenock for a good away day on the last weekend.

In terms of the team I hope Neilson will rotate and give time to people like Matty Smith, Nesbitt, Fyvie, Sow, Bouhenna and those returning from injury Stanton, Cammy Smith etc. He did suggest in his post-match interview from yesterday that he is likely to do that.

I've always thought that beating the Championship team will be tougher psychologically. Hopefully with us on a decent run and the squad looking reasonably fit we can give it a right good go.

Yeah be good to give Fyvie, Nesbitt and Sow a decent run out if possible to bring them up to speed in case required. Stanton and Seaman too although I suspect both may have drifted out of favour.

Rumour elsewhere that good progress is being made to sign Safranko. The guy's just great, as a player, of course,  but also and more importantly as a human being.

I ❤ Pavol Safranko.

Edited by Pull My Strings

The priority in next two games should be playing a 4-4-2 with Safranko and Clark up front.  Get them and the supporting players used to it.

60 minutes of that and the games (hopefully) tied up then Neilson can rest players and offer as many cameos as he wants.

Next three and a half weeks will have the feel of a lull before a storm of excitement starting on the 14th, if there are no changes to the dates.  

I think there is a balance to be made between giving players rests and keeping them sharp, especially with a gap between the Morton fixture and the away semi leg. But I feel a lot more confident this season than at any point over the past few years.

The priority in next two games should be playing a 4-4-2 with Safranko and Clark up front.  Get them and the supporting players used to it.
60 minutes of that and the games (hopefully) tied up then Neilson can rest players and offer as many cameos as he wants.

What’s Safranko’s contract situation? I’m assuming that, because he’s been with you guys all season he’s not necessarily needed at his parent club. Is he out of contract in the summer? I’d be amazed if County didn’t go for him if he is.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What’s Safranko’s contract situation? I’m assuming that, because he’s been with you guys all season he’s not necessarily needed at his parent club. Is he out of contract in the summer? I’d be amazed if County didn’t go for him if he is.

Safranko is still under contract next season and the rumoured fee being asked by his parent club AaB is £200-250k. It would be astonishing if we actually managed to keep him even if we get promoted but I think that he is of such a calibre and potential that anyone who does sign him will end up making a decent investment. I fear that he may end up in Edinburgh under Craig Levein (he very much fits the bill of what Levein likes in a striker). 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Year left at Aalborg. 

Just now, stumigoo said:

Safranko is still under contract next season and the rumoured fee being asked by his parent club AaB is £200-250k. It would be astonishing if we actually managed to keep him even if we get promoted but I think that he is of such a calibre and potential that anyone who does sign him will end up making a decent investment. I fear that he may end up in Edinburgh under Craig Levein (he very much fits the bill of what Levein likes in a striker). 

Not being funny here but I reckon Ogren would sanction a fee like that in a heart beat... 

I was told they were looking for £600k last week. 

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alborg spent £300k on him apparently but, for whatever reason, felt he wasn't needed last season. One can only assume that they're great and don't need him or the guy in charge is a complete balloon.

At a push, I can  maybe see him staying at United (decent sized club, decent wages, perhaps he's acquired an affinity with us), failing which maybe Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. He's far too good for County.

I get how that could be construed as sour grapes or similar but, really, he'd be up against shite like Billy McKay and Brian fucking Graham, ffs.

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Alborg spent £300k on him apparently but, for whatever reason, felt he wasn't needed last season. One can only assume that they're great and don't need him or the guy in charge is a complete balloon.

At a push, I can  maybe see him staying at United (decent sized club, decent wages, perhaps he's acquired an affinity with us), failing which maybe Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. He's far too good for County.

I get how that could be construed as sour grapes or similar but, really, he'd be up against shite like Billy McKay and Brian fucking Graham, ffs.

From what I've seen he seems to like it here. Definitely loves playing. Lot of fowk love it over here for some reason! 

Guest DAVIDB69
Next three and a half weeks will have the feel of a lull before a storm of excitement starting on the 14th, if there are no changes to the dates.  

I think there is a balance to be made between giving players rests and keeping them sharp, especially with a gap between the Morton fixture and the away semi leg. But I feel a lot more confident this season than at any point over the past few years.

Do we reckon Friday night 17th May for the 2nd leg, can’t be Saturday with Dundee at home