Dundee United 2018/2019

Just now, stumigoo said:

The Tele are reporting that Mehmet and Barton are both away but nothing from the club yet.

Forgot all about Mehmet; wish I could forget Barton.

Remember when we discussed a maximum of six players in?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Forgot all about Mehmet; wish I could forget Barton.

Remember when we discussed a maximum of six players in?

On one hand I'm a bit worried about such a big turnover but on the other we need it and for one or two it might be more with a view for 'squad filler' so we have decent backup options. Would think Gomis is only short-term, Harkes is more of a prospect, Laidlaw is a cheap backup. 

If we end up with Sow and Reynolds then this has been a pretty amazing day to be fair. Credit to the new regime for trying to make things happen. Now all we need to do is start winning football matches and not crumble in big games............easy.

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The denizens of the George Fox are going to have a busy few days learning the names of these new players to shout abuse at. 

Given the average age of the lower George Fox resident moaners I doubt there'll be much name memorization going on.

27 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Mark Reynolds on loan is the latest one

Funnily enough I actually mixed up Reynolds and Connolly when the latter first started getting linked with us. Even if Reynolds has slipped out of contention at Aberdeen, he should still be a big improvement on what we've had in central defence in recent years.

A lot of positive looking signings today, with more to come potentially. I do fear that given we've shelled out money for him and handed out a contract until 2021 that Pawlett will now almost inevitably picking up a series injury almost immediately.

Anyway, Neilson certainly can't claim he's not been well backed by the club if things do go tits up from here.

30 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

If we end up with Sow and Reynolds then this has been a pretty amazing day to be fair. Credit to the new regime for trying to make things happen. Now all we need to do is start winning football matches and not crumble in big games............easy.

Eh, but wit aboot the pehs?