Dundee United 2018/2019

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

He already owns multiple other sports clubs. I think it's his hobby. 

People can get bored of hobbies.

Like I said in my earlier post it is what it is; we have no control over the matter and can only hope it works out. 

As fans all we can do is to continue to support the club, manager and team.

53 minutes ago, The DA said:

There's nothing wrong with vanity projects.  

Isn't there?!

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/mark-ogren-has-the-cash-to-get-dundee-united-back-to-the-premiership/

The Evening Telegraph has led with a headline that suggests the new Chairman has pockets deep enough to get us back up; but then fails to elaborate in the article, beyond those vague facts that even I found on Google.  

My hope is that he neither sees this as being a profitable venture (because then he is likely insane, as well as stupid) nor as a vanity project to throw money at (I remember Gretna...); we need someone who has the patience to get to know the city and the club and help us gain promotion in a sustainable way.  The football club survived for almost a century breaking even; we need to get back to those ways.

29 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Oh ohh sounds like Stephen Thompson mark 2. Daddy sets up a business and son sells it off for just short of 5 million US Dollars. Previously owned Manakato Moon Dogs....Dundee Moon Dogs has a ring to it. 

Plenty moon dogs kicking about Dundee tbf.

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

Isn't there?!

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/mark-ogren-has-the-cash-to-get-dundee-united-back-to-the-premiership/

The Evening Telegraph has led with a headline that suggests the new Chairman has pockets deep enough to get us back up; but then fails to elaborate in the article, beyond those vague facts that even I found on Google.  

My hope is that he neither sees this as being a profitable venture (because then he is likely insane, as well as stupid) nor as a vanity project to throw money at (I remember Gretna...); we need someone who has the patience to get to know the city and the club and help us gain promotion in a sustainable way.  The football club survived for almost a century breaking even; we need to get back to those ways.

I think my sarcasm may have passed you by.

If you want to read my thoughts on the whole thing you can here.

I'll sum it up with me being cautiously optimistic. The short-term thing is much more easily achievable than the long-term. Giving us some cash to help us get promoted is straight forward (in theory). What happens after we get promoted is the difficult bit. 

Every news report I've seen/heard seems to be about Martin denying the possibility of merger/groundshare.
Are we really in a situation where we  believe there is an American conspiracy to only have one team in Dundee?

Paranoid idiots will be paranoid idiots.