Dundee United 2018/2019

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

I think there is the quality in the team to win the league, but the big problem by far is the manager.

From his sometimes bizarre lineups to strange subs I think is proving to be shown up time and time again to be completely useless combined with a woeful playing style.  I would rather watch a nice passing style tgan hoofball but there has to be an end product you this.

I imagine he struggles to communicate clearly with the players to get his points across, going be listening to his interviews which I have long given up doing.

I wanted to give him a chance but now should be the time to get rid of him and bring someone else in before the damage is irreversible. 

You do have the quality. But as you said your Manager is a liability.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

If it’s any consolation, Peter Houston Ian tipping you lot to win the league. We thumped St Mirren early last season with Nat Wedderburn running the game so maybe yesterday was an omen.

Ssshhh you'll wake Piracy and we've only just gotten him down.

Peter Houston can say whatever he likes imvho.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Ssshhh you'll wake Piracy and we've only just gotten him down.

Peter Houston can say whatever he likes imvho.

Bovril Balls will doubtless be awake soon, wondering why his testicles are bright red yes have a pleasing, beefy aroma.

TBF to Houston, even he pointed out that he was sitting in a studio on a Saturday rather than managing in The Championship so he is maybe a bit clueless.

Edited by Shandon Par
Autocorrect pish

What makes things more frustrating is that we will realistically have to wait another three or four fixtures before any changes are made. The board are supportive of Laszlo, they have invested heavily in him and have re-structured certain parts of the club with his advice (radius tule and contracts). They won't change it until it is absolutely desperate (many, myself included would argue it is desperate right now). I think we are looking at match day 4 or 5 before anything happens.

Apart from everything else yesterday, two of Laszlo’s glaring omissions were on display.

No leaving anyone up when we were defending a corner/deep throw-in or free kick.  Yesterday in a particular that decision worked against us a few times.

Badly timed substitutions and strategically questionable ones.  If he is incapable of learning this it confirms many of my fears.

Apart from everything else yesterday, two of Laszlo’s glaring omissions were on display.
No leaving anyone up when we were defending a corner/deep throw-in or free kick.  Yesterday in a particular that decision worked against us a few times.

To play Devil’s advocate, there are plenty of teams that routinely bring everyone back in those situations. Alex Ferguson did it all the time.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To play Devil’s advocate, there are plenty of teams that routinely bring everyone back in those situations. Alex Ferguson did it all the time.

His teams could break with such speed and accuracy of pass that defence was quickly turned into attack, we slowly plod out just inviting a second phase of attack. 

I agree that leaving no one up front at opposition corners is basically giving the opposition two goes at getting a ball in but plenty do it.

On our own corners, when I get the job, anyone involved in a short corner that fails to reach the box will be immediately substituted. It's literally already a free kick into the box, boils my piss.

We play with absolutely no aggression and seem content to stroke around the back 4 as if we are 1-0 up in a mid 90s serie A game. Part of the reason I won't be back isn't just that we are losing games, I'm not that huffy, it's just an incredibly boring way to spend a couple of hours. You will never see a more boring 3-2 in your life.

Of his signings Curran is an empty jersey, rabbitsch is worse than an empty jersey, the winger can't actually control a football, Barton looks like he can't be fucked although technically proficient

If I was trying to be positive I think the keeper looks fine, Frans is a definite upgrade and Clark is scoring goals. Fyvie will improve the team but not sure he will add the drive and physicality we are painfully lacking.