Dundee United 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've a feeling that I'll be popping in here a lot this season :)

You're more than welcome to pop in any time, honey. 

Can we get anything in for you? Would you like a whisky? Is Whyte and Mackay okay? 

You take care now.

The boy Barton looks like hes carrying Edgenguele's spare fridge. Looks a tad unfit. And hes probably shite too. But ill blame lack of fitness atm.

Robson and Edgenguele are still shite surprisingly. 

Frans looks like a slight upgrade on most of the other centre halfs. Thats barely a compliment.

Aird looks decent. Clark looks ok. Curran looks meh. 

Thats about as much as I can be fucked talking about them.

Csaba has to go. And take the Burger man with him. There will be a sub 3000 average attendance soon. Leave Ellis, Robertson and Easton in charge till we get someone else.

Id take McIntyre instantly. Or Stuart Mcall. Or Hopkin. Almost anyone else. Although im never saying "we cant get worse". Theres always someone worse.

Also heard a rumour that the supposed American deal is going to happen soon but we are stuck with the buffoon (Laszlo, not Martin) till then. Then he's gone.

Supposedly.

Cant wait for the sports bar though. I wonder if we could play it in defence?

Can I ask a stupid question: on what basis was your manager appointed? It seemed like a strange one at the time. Every day I read his comments he just comes across... I dunno, like a bit odd. 

But someone important saw something in him to give him the gig. Your best bet may be a 3 goal humping at Palmerston next week to force him out before the season is unsalvagable. 

Also heard a rumour that the supposed American deal is going to happen soon but we are stuck with the buffoon (Laszlo, not Martin) till then. Then he's gone.
Supposedly.

Think you’re on the money re Laszlo. Unless we have a catastrophic series of results, we’re stuck with him until a take over. God knows what any potential new owner made of that today.

We had a previous manager in Ray who refused to make a sub until it was far to late. Now we have a manager who makes a sub at exactly the wrong moment in a game. ( and arguably the wrong sub). Same thing happened in the Livingston game, iirc.

Each previous season I have started thinking we have the quality in the team to win the league. This time I don’t think we have the quality or the right manager. Hope I’m wrong.

46 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Or Stuart Mcall.

I know things are desperate but McCall barely got Rangers over the line and into the play offs only to get pumped off a pretty poor Motherwell side.

McCall is fine at keeping things on an even keel but he's not going to turn round a team that's been in a profound state of fail for multiple seasons.

44 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Can I ask a stupid question: on what basis was your manager appointed? It seemed like a strange one at the time. Every day I read his comments he just comes across... I dunno, like a bit odd. 

But someone important saw something in him to give him the gig. Your best bet may be a 3 goal humping at Palmerston next week to force him out before the season is unsalvagable. 

He was free. He was asking for a lower salary then the other candidates. He was desperate for a job in British football.

Our chairman at the time liked him because he was free. And cheap. And willing to work with the backroom staff that Ray left behind. 

Hes genuinely fucking shite. He has no redeeming qualities as a manager. He cannot communicate effectively with his players. And thats because hes a fucking tit, not because English isnt his first language. 

29 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Whats really depressing is knowing no matter how bad it gets nothing will happen under this fucking tube of a chairman.

I have taken to comfort drinking.

If somehow we shitfest our way to promotion this season then I hope Mike Martin will get the adulation he deserves.

By the same token he better be prepared to accept the blame if it all goes pear shaped.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If somehow we shitfest our way to promotion this season then I hope Mike Martin will get the adulation he deserves.

By the same token he better be prepared to accept the blame if it all goes pear shaped.

If Laszlo is still here in three weeks and we are more than 5 points behind its open season on Bankers at Tannadice imo.

I see no reason why this will not be the case either.

15 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I know things are desperate but McCall barely got Rangers over the line and into the play offs only to get pumped off a pretty poor Motherwell side.

McCall is fine at keeping things on an even keel but he's not going to turn round a team that's been in a profound state of fail for multiple seasons.

Question for you then.

Have you seen how bad we are?

Would McCall, who had Motherwell in the Champions League qualifiers at one point, be worse than Laszlo? In the Championship? With the biggest budget?

46 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Each previous season I have started thinking we have the quality in the team to win the league. This time I don’t think we have the quality or the right manager. Hope I’m wrong.

I think there is the quality in the team to win the league, but the big problem by far is the manager.

From his sometimes bizarre lineups to strange subs I think is proving to be shown up time and time again to be completely useless combined with a woeful playing style.  I would rather watch a nice passing style tgan hoofball but there has to be an end product you this.

I imagine he struggles to communicate clearly with the players to get his points across, going be listening to his interviews which I have long given up doing.

I wanted to give him a chance but now should be the time to get rid of him and bring someone else in before the damage is irreversible. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Supposedly.

I hope this is true and happens before the damage this year is beyond repair.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Our squad is utter shite but all the squads in this league are shite. The teams that finished above us last year had shite squads too.

An organised manager and we suddenly become one of the better teams.

I think Ross County have the strongest squad after that it's  free for all