Dundee United 2018/2019

14 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Does that include Mehmet? I would have thought he would have merited a reprieve

Wont be fit for start of season with knee injury picked up against Dunfermline. Need to make sure we bring in a good experienced keeper who knows how to communicate with his defence (and can keep his goal kicks in the park).

Edited by skinny arab

24 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

So, as many expected and feared, Csaba stays. And Willo Flood, who appeared to call him a clueless kant when sent off in the last Tannadice game, is being asked to take on a player-coach role?

That's genuinely mental. Is this actually confirmed?

2 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Clear out has begun, all out of contracts being punted except fyvie mosh and flood as a coach, edge and scobbie told they can leave

Poor Scobbie. he's been well and truly Dundee United'd.

According to the courier flood has been told he can stay IF he wants to coach too.

Glad to see offers have at least been made to Moshni and Fyvie.  Can't fault Shabba for clearing the decks, might be worth seeing who gets brought in before passing judgement on what next season might be like.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is seriously like operating a bottom league team. Where your panini stickers only ever last 1 season.

Yip, yet again we are clearing out a squad full of useless b*****ds and are going to rebuild.

Problem is; I was well chuffed with our recruitment last summer, and felt we had built some squad, with the likes of Fyvie, Keatings and Macdonald etc signing, and yet we still managed to royally f**k it all up.

With the budget we (are likely) to have this year, not sure what profile of signing we will be able to afford, and however that looks, what the manager will be able to get out of them, so won’t be getting too excited tbh.

If his signing policy is similar to that of his January performance, we will be looking at the wrong playoffs at best next May.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

There's the list from a fellow Arab. 

IMG_20180514_143552.jpg

So all of those bar Mohsni, Flood and Fyvie are being released? That's some clean out.

I'd imagine the likes of Fraser and Robson will get offers to get compensation for them.

Poor Scobbie. he's been well and truly Dundee United'd.

That’s the thing - I though him signing was exactly what we needed , a bit of experience to shore up our defence. Turns out he was consistently gash.

Conclusions?

He was gash when he signed
We made him gash
Combination of the two.

I think the weight of expectations and pressure to get out of the league weighs heavily on the players and chopping and changing the team week in and out just adds to it. That with poor attitude and lack of mental strength ( this is harder then I thought it would be ) adds to poor performance situation.

I get the feeling we will probably be signing similar level of "quality" and using the youth a lot more than season to pad out the first team. 

Not got an issue with that but we need to make quality proven signings for this level.

It doesn't matter who we sign, we will continue to be a shambles if Laszlo remains in charge. If players this season thought he was a joke, then why are another bunch of shite journeymen going to think any different?

This is a terrible move from Martin if true. Fans will stay away and I don't blame them.

37 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

It doesn't matter who we sign, we will continue to be a shambles if Laszlo remains in charge. If players this season thought he was a joke, then why are another bunch of shite journeymen going to think any different?

This is a terrible move from Martin if true. Fans will stay away and I don't blame them.

Agreed; I cannot see any reason whatsoever why MM would Keep Csaba after last season’s clusterfuck, unless it is either purely financial, or else Laszlo has some Kompromat over him....:unsure2:

To take a team who were top to then lose the league by 13 points, is not acceptable, and as I mentioned above,  the January transfer window was fucking unforgivable!!

That being said, doesn’t matter who is in charge,  i’ll still buy a season ticket for me and my daughter (poor wee soul - folk have had their bairns taken off them for less)......

Thick and thin and all that (#superfan):P*

*#needsprofessionalhelp

Agreed; I cannot see any reason whatsoever why MM would Keep Csaba after last season’s clusterfuck, unless it is either purely financial, or else Laszlo has some Kompromat over him....:unsure2:
To take a team who were top to then lose the league by 13 points, is not acceptable, and as I mentioned above,  the January transfer window was fucking unforgivable!!
That being said, doesn’t matter who is in charge,  i’ll still buy a season ticket for me and my daughter (poor wee soul - folk have had their bairns taken off them for less)......
Thick and thin and all that (#superfan)[emoji14]*
*#needsprofessionalhelp

Credit where credit is due [emoji3]