Dundee United 2018/2019

3 hours ago, JP THE DEE said:

No trying to be funny here but the rumoured promotion clause must have been wrong.If he's been kept on next season it must surely be down to money.

Surely there must be a promotion clause.  United’s then chairman must have realised that up to that point he and the board had shown little or no ability in choosing the right person to be the manager.

6 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Taking it all rather well emoji23.png

Think I will call this period "The Salty Years"

How well did you take it Bobby?

Genuine question.

I'm surprised at the number of comments from fans from a variety of different teams,  accross our multitude of theads just now, slagging us off for not taking things too well.

I'd be surprised at any real fan taking the events of this season (never mind the last 3), happening to their club well.

I'm happy we're all quite cross tbh.

2 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Genuine question.

I'm surprised at the number of comments from fans from a variety of different teams,  accross our multitude of theads just now, slagging us off for not taking things too well.

I'd be surprised at any real fan taking the events of this season (never mind the last 3), happening to their club well.

If truth be told I don’t think there would be as many comments if it weren’t for the fact that the response of so many United fans seems to be along the lines of ‘Dundee used to be worse than we are’.  A genuine acknowledgement of where it went wrong with no attempts to deflect how bad a situation your club finds itself in would be more appropriate I would suggest.

Genuine question.

I knew very little else as a lifelong Dee.
But some of the DABS comments about "our rightful place " etc encourages mockery . Ok my time as a Dee on this planet could have been timed better but these things always come in cycles . It's just most dayglos want to start the cycle in the 80s

33 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
35 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If truth be told I don’t think there would be as many comments if it weren’t for the fact that the response of so many United fans seems to be along the lines of ‘Dundee used to be worse than we are’.  A genuine acknowledgement of where it went wrong with no attempts to deflect how bad a situation your club finds itself in would be more appropriate I would suggest.

From the amount of input you lot  have had in our threads over ther past 3 years, I am surprised that you have not spotted the multiple references and acknowledgment from us, of what has gone wrong at Tannadice, and where we have pointed the finger of blame.... never at you lot.

The problem is, that the level of banter coming from you Dees will naturally have an effect on people who will circle the wagons and strike back. Whatboutery is a fact in football and life, and unfortunately for you, your history gives us plenty of ammo to fire back with, however relevant to not it may be to our current situation and however justified or otherwise it may be.

Also, naurally, when the present is not looking so rosy, people have a tendency to look to happier times in the past, and we did have plenty of those, especially in the 80s.

My reckoning is that the vast majority of Arabs on here are well clear on our position, and there is a lot of tongue in cheek, which has riled people who maybe have not picked up on it,but also huge levels of self effacisam on our part I would say.

Again, if people were taking all this well, I would be far more worried.

Edited by MacArab

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

When Dundee were plummeting down, United were consistently in the top half of the league, qualifying for Europe, getting to semi finals and finals and winning the Scottish Cup.

Dundee have finished 10th and 9th and have finished no higher than 5th (once) since the early 60s. :lol:

I suppose it's all relative.

As I've said before, they'd be delighted to finish 9th in League Two, as long as United were 10th. It is all they care about.

Until their club achieves something of its own, they will always be the Fun.

You are aware Yenited have only ever finished higher than 3rd once in the entire history or Dundee Hibernian and Dundee Yenited....

Edited by Yenitit

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

So the Dabs are raging then

Magic. 

Remember football started in the 80s :lol:

Naw, we’re dancin’ Doon the fucking Murraygate......

Edited by MacArab

19 minutes ago, MacArab said:

From the amount of input you lot  have had in our threads over ther past 3 years, I am surprised that you have not spotted the multiple references and acknowledgment from us, of what has gone wrong at Tannadice, and where we have pointed the finger of blame.... never at you lot.

The problem is, that the level of banter coming from you Dees will naturally have an effect on people who will circle the wagons and strike back. Whatboutery is a fact in football and life, and unfortunately for you, your history gives us plenty of ammo to fire back with, however relevant to not it may be to our current situation and however justified or otherwise it may be.

Also, naurally, when the present is not looking so rosy, people have a tendency to look to happier times in the past, and we did have plenty of those, especially int he 80s.

My reckoning is that the vast majority of Arabs on here are well clear on our position, and there is a lot of tongue in cheek, which has riled people who maybe have not picked up on it,but also huge levels of self effacisam on our part I would say.

Again, if people were taking all this well, I would be far more worried.

^^^ something something DAB something emoji emoji

Same picture posted for 100th time

Emoji emoji emoji

Are the 'Mad' sites still going? It's feels like a lot of the thickos from there have migrated.

^^^ something something DAB something emoji emoji
Same picture posted for 100th time
Emoji emoji emoji

Are the 'Mad' sites still going? It's feels like a lot of the thickos from there have migrated.

When facts let you down. Just start babbling and throwing insults.
I think Donald Trump must be a dayglo.

This seams like the place to be compared to the other 2018/19 thread so I am officially making this my home for next season. 
Hopefully once Mike Martin et al have negotiated with the plethora of agents and lawyers at Tannadice this weekend we will get a bit of news tomorrow with regards to player departures and (hopefully) a managerial departure (although I've got a horrible feeling Laszlo will still be in a job). 

Popped in to see the old boy today and caught a piece in the papers about the chairman’s statement- the piece said that long time assistant to laszlo, Werner Burger was due to join him at Tannadice. Either excellent misdirection from our chairman, or a firm indication laszlo is here for next season.

Also an interview with “united star” ( boak) Stuart Murdoch, extolling the virtues of Lazslo. I like the quote “ I’m sure he knows exactly what changes he wants to make”

Well I’m glad you’re sure Stuart, because the rest of us fucking aren’t.

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

So the Dabs are raging then. 

Magic. 

Remember football started in the 80s :lol:

3 hours ago, MacArab said:

Naw, we’re dancin’ Doon the fucking Murraygate......

So there’s a Murraygate in Farfar tae

9 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

When facts let you down. Just start babbling and throwing insults.
I think Donald Trump must be a dayglo.

That would explain the tangerine pus. 

36 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Clear out has begun, all out of contracts being punted except fyvie mosh and flood as a coach, edge and scobbie told they can leave

Wants to keep Murdoch too, presumably for his versatility.

Shower of shitebags, good riddance.