Dundee United 2018/2019

What’s Stewart Murdoch like? We’re looking to sign him on loan according to Scott Burns

If you were to look up ‘no frills’ in the dictionary there’s a picture of Stewart Murdoch there. Not worthy of the full extent of the ire he gets from some of our fans but nothing special.

3 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

If you were to look up ‘no frills’ in the dictionary there’s a picture of Stewart Murdoch there. Not worthy of the full extent of the ire he gets from some of our fans but nothing special.

Aye, that's fair. A solid versatile Championship level player. I expect he'd do very well for you guys.

31 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

What’s Stewart Murdoch like? We’re looking to sign him on loan according to Scott Burns

Surprised at this, I think he’d be useful backup.  I’d rather see a Loemba and Rabitsch loaned out.

4 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

Not needed or good enough. Must be about 7th choice for central midfield or 3rd choice for right back. Bin him 

Well aye, that'll be why he's apparently being allowed to leave on loan for the remainder of his contract. I think the question was in relation to how well he'd do in League 1. In League 1, and for most Championship sides, he'd be a good signing. United obviously need a little bit more than that.

Neilson cannot keep taking off Safranko when there is no need unless the game is effectively won.  The whole dynamic changes when he goes off and is replaced by Sow; it is going to cost us if he persists in doing this.

Cheers for Craig Curran lads. The boys been a revelation. Fantastic work rate.

Hah. Anyone could have told you that. Now get back to everyone after 6 goals in 43 appearances and he next gets a concussion.

Only in a very, very bad team can running about a lot be a revelation.

There’s quite literally nothing unexpected about Craig Curran. Enjoy the next two years.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Neilson cannot keep taking off Safranko when there is no need unless the game is effectively won.  The whole dynamic changes when he goes off and is replaced by Sow; it is going to cost us if he persists in doing this.

It was a terrible call by Neilson. Safranko had started the second half superbly and we didn't need to make any changes at the time. If the manager was so desperate to bring on Sow then I would have opted for Clark instead. 

7 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Hah. Anyone could have told you that. Now get back to everyone after 6 goals in 43 appearances and he next gets a concussion.

Only in a very, very bad team can running about a lot be a revelation.

There’s quite literally nothing unexpected about Craig Curran. Enjoy the next two years.

To be fair, no-one expected much from a United reject but he's the one that's allowing Nelson and Scott Wright time to play in much the same way I imagine he did for Boyce.

He'll end up having a whole load of detractors at Dens for his lack of goals but he causes defences a torrid time and our attacking threat is absolutely impotent when he's not on the pitch. He's been an integral signing for us.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, no-one expected much from a United reject but he's the one that's allowing Nelson and Scott Wright time to play in much the same way I imagine he did for Boyce.

He'll end up having a whole load of detractors at Dens for his lack of goals but he causes defences a torrid time and our attacking threat is absolutely impotent when he's not on the pitch. He's been an integral signing for us.

He’s certainly a reject, don’t know about the rest of it.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

United reject in being Dundee's best player shocker!

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In the run to get away from bottom it was Boyce who was every bit as much a nuisance allowed Curran to play - Curran scored four in five before Boyce found his shooting boots.

This isn’t a common view among County fans:  I think Boyce was better for Curran than the other way around.