Dundee United 2018/2019

It seems a strange decision regarding Aird especially as has a contributed a decent number of assists so far this season around 12 I think, could be wrong about that though.

If there is concerns over his attidude and workrate in matches and training then that is a matter for player and manager to deal with and improve if possible.   Obviously since training is not public I guess it is difficult to tell how well he trains and his attitude to training. 

If he has been told he can leave on loan or permanently then I guess that means Pawlett is likely to arrive and will be his replacement. 

I do wonder what the morale is like at the moment? Robbie has brought in all this “quality’ , the existing squad will have had their feathers ruffled - and confidence shot ? Calling them out publicly hasn’t helped either. Not as disastrous as last January but we’ve made no headway with results. Next 4 weeks crucial.

10 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

I do wonder what the morale is like at the moment? Robbie has brought in all this “quality’ , the existing squad will have had their feathers ruffled - and confidence shot ? Calling them out publicly hasn’t helped either. Not as disastrous as last January but we’ve made no headway with results. Next 4 weeks crucial.

The thing with the new signings is that they largely look to be of a similar standard to the better players already at the club. None look like a notable upgrade. Gomis perhaps offers something different but Nesbitt and Smith just look like pretty good Championship players. There's nothing so far to suggest they can drag the rest of the team up to the required standard.

31 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

The thing with the new signings is that they largely look to be of a similar standard to the better players already at the club. None look like a notable upgrade. Gomis perhaps offers something different but Nesbitt and Smith just look like pretty good Championship players. There's nothing so far to suggest they can drag the rest of the team up to the required standard.

Totally agree, yet what we are crying out for is one or two ‘difference makers’.