Dundee United 2018/2019

McCulloch confirmed until the end of the season. 

The Laidlaw signing is more about Rakovan for me. Getting a player on a two-year deal (and probably a decent wage) off the playing staff and a relatively cheap six-month loan deal to replace him seems like decent business if it frees up money elsewhere and it means we now have a competent backup who can challenge. It also leaves us with a plan for the summer because we will need to secure a proper long-term number one and with Mehmet going and Laidlaw only short-term it means we have the space for it.

17 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

the state of this thread sometimes...

Anyway, Laidlaw could be a decent option, though I would be surprised if he's immediately brought into the first team.

Agree, 

I reckon Benji gets a bit overly harsh treatment on here. We’ve had far worst keepers over the past few years than him, and I think his distribution is about the best we have had since Rado, particularly when he launches it quickly off the back of defending a set piece. It’s not a if he has the most solid defence in front of him as yet, and our exposure down  our right at the moment is a well kent weakness that other teams exploit. Reckon it would be harsh if he lost the jersey. That being said, he is stilll looking a bit dodgy in terms of injury later in games, so good to have a possibly less bad keeper that Rakovan on he bench just in case.

Glad to see the back of Rakovan as well tbf, 10 goals shipped  in his last 2 appearances does not make for good reading.... Wonder if Agent Macintyre would sign him......

ETA - Sorry 9 goals, as Benji shipped the first one against Ayr...

Edited by MacArab

Glad Rakovan has been helped away, but still have worries about Seigrist: contrary to some United fans, I have not been impressed with some of his efforts.

Think Seigrist has let in some very poor goals, but the one lost in Rakovan's last appearance, v Morton at Cappielow summed up the Slovak's time with United.

Think it will still be a struggle in defence unless we can make another addition or two there.

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

My mate was around Tannadice today and they had the press in.  Apparently a new employee, I cant say much more as unfair on the club to pre-empt anything but former Scotland international and also has management experience.

Garry Kenneth?  Managed a sandwich bar.

My mate was around Tannadice today and they had the press in.  Apparently a new employee, I cant say much more as unfair on the club to pre-empt anything but former Scotland international and also has management experience.

Gordon Strachan..........more jobs for the boys Eh Eh ?