Dundee United 2018/2019

26 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

I guess without further investigation/knowing the terms available it is impossible to really say whether it is a positive or negative.  However, in my eyes, nothing should be left off the table and I am a little disappointed if the Chairman would not want to even investigate the possibility of a groundshare. 

Would a groundshare need a new stadium?  Could Tannadice not be upgraded?

Would doubt highly Dundee fans would go with that tbh. Renting off us? As much as id fund that funny they would probably wreck the place.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Would doubt highly Dundee fans would go with that tbh. Renting off us? As much as id fund that funny they would probably wreck the place.

If it made commercial sense to both clubs, I am sure that the ground could be owned 50-50 between both clubs...

But my point wasn't really about groundsharing specifically, I was more making point that I think the Chairman should have a completely blank slate at this stage in his tenure.  He should be open to all suggestions that could help us improve on and off the park.  I look forward to reviewing the notes from the meeting when they are released later.

Would a groundshare need a new stadium?  Could Tannadice not be upgraded?

Build another ‘East Stand’ where the Shed is?
Fill in the corners a bit ‘cleaner’
Upgrade all hospitality lounges
Redo the stadium exterior colours & replace the seats to neutral colours?

Rename it, Jim McLean statue at one end, and maybe a Steven Tweed statue or some shit at the other end

50 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Build another ‘East Stand’ where the Shed is?
Fill in the corners a bit ‘cleaner’
Upgrade all hospitality lounges
Redo the stadium exterior colours & replace the seats to neutral colours?

Rename it, Jim McLean statue at one end, and maybe a Steven Tweed statue or some shit at the other end

Tell you what, that gets my vote as long as this is the Dundee statue

dundees_tam_mcmanus_looks_dejected_after_dundee_are_relegated_278800.jpg

The only thing the club should be concentrating on is promotion.  Planning (short medium and long-term) is all fine but until we know if we are playing Premiership football next season it is of limited importance and could be a distraction.

Mike Martin made the mistake of throwing out a lot of well intentioned peripheral ideas while failing to concentrate on the only one that mattered.

Mark Ogren is a 56-year-old American businessman based in Stillwater, Minnesota, in the USA.

Last month, Ogren registered the company through which he now owns Dundee United, OPG-4 UK Ltd, in Edinburgh, with the share capital still registered in Stillwater.

There are three officers of this company, which was incorporated on November 16.

They are:  Mark Ogren, born September 1962, and listed as being self-employed,  Scott Ogren (his son), born May 1987 and listed as finance director &  Brodies Secretarial Services of Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, which has been named as company secretary.

Mark and Scott have no other UK-based directorial appointments,  Mark is listed as the person with significant control of OPG-4.

He is the owner of more than 75% of the share capital and he also has majority ownership of the associated voting rights.

He is president of Croix Oil Co in Stillwater but part-sold the family-owned petroleum business for an undisclosed sum to two separate buyers.

In 2012, Ogren moved into sport, purchasing the Mankato MoonDogs, a baseball team, which he sold in 2017.

He now is the majority owner of the Sioux Falls Canaries in South Dakota, an independent professional baseball team that plays in the American Baseball Association.

Ogren is also part of an investment group that owns the Sioux Falls Stampede ice hockey team, which plays in the US Hockey League, considered the top junior league in the US.

He hinted that he is likely to adopt a hands-off attitude to the day-to-day running of United, saying in relation to his MoonDogs purchase: “I’ll keep my mouth shut.

“I’ll leave those decisions to people who know more about baseball than I do.”  He added: “I’m a huge sports fan. “People are scratching their heads, like, ‘Where did this come from?’ “But my family and friends are excited about it.  “I don’t know if it’s because they’re excited for me, or if they’re just excited about it themselves and being nice.”

Edited by The_Judge

So now the media has been briefed can whoever who is on here that were at the meeting spill the details sans media bullshit please. 

They see genuine money making within a few years and that Scottish football is better financially than some suggest. The finance guy that was there last night said that every team in the top flight is currently making money or breaking even apart from Rangers.

Tannadice can and will be improved over time and the match day experience will need to be looked at as the Managing Director sat amongst the fans on Saturday and said it needs overhauled.

Money is available but Neilson said that moving players on is the hardest thing to do in football but that we are bringing more in. A group of unwanted are training at Gussie every day away from the first team.

Gussie Park will be bought back within the next twelve months and the last loan, which is the security over Tannadice will also be paid.

Ogren and his son will only be over every 6-8 weeks and the running of the club will be over to them. Asghar will be purely football and Brannigan business. Neilson and Asghar have known each other for a few years.

Youth development and scouting need to be overhauled.

Fans groups are going to more involved and the club will be more open.

The sports bar should be open by the start of next season.

Ticketing, merchandise and catering is all out sourced at the moment but will be brought back in-house as soon as possible.

Also similar sound bites to the interviews today about history and future potential. No merger, no groundshare.

Any questions about anything that people were interested in (that I might have forgotten about) just ask.

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

They see genuine money making within a few years and that Scottish football is better financially than some suggest. The finance guy that was there last night said that every team in the top flight is currently making money or breaking even apart from Rangers.

Tannadice can and will be improved over time and the match day experience will need to be looked at as the Managing Director sat amongst the fans on Saturday and said it needs overhauled.

Money is available but Neilson said that moving players on is the hardest thing to do in football but that we are bringing more in. A group of unwanted are training at Gussie every day away from the first team.

Gussie Park will be bought back within the next twelve months and the last loan, which is the security over Tannadice will also be paid.

Ogren and his son will only be over every 6-8 weeks and the running of the club will be over to them. Asghar will be purely football and Brannigan business. Neilson and Asghar have known each other for a few years.

Youth development and scouting need to be overhauled.

Fans groups are going to more involved and the club will be more open.

The sports bar should be open by the start of next season.

Ticketing, merchandise and catering is all out sourced at the moment but will be brought back in-house as soon as possible.

Also similar sound bites to the interviews today about history and future potential. No merger, no groundshare.

Any questions about anything that people were interested in (that I might have forgotten about) just ask.

Perfect thanks dude. I was most interested in what they were going to do with the youth development mainly. 

Reinvigorating the match day experience along with getting results will be key to getting folk back to Tannadice after attendances have dipped. 

ONLY time will tell but hopefully things get more positive. 

Mark Ogren is a 56-year-old American businessman based in Stillwater, Minnesota, in the USA.
Last month, Ogren registered the company through which he now owns Dundee United, OPG-4 UK Ltd, in Edinburgh, with the share capital still registered in Stillwater.
There are three officers of this company, which was incorporated on November 16.
They are:  Mark Ogren, born September 1962, and listed as being self-employed,  Scott Ogren (his son), born May 1987 and listed as finance director &  Brodies Secretarial Services of Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, which has been named as company secretary.
Mark and Scott have no other UK-based directorial appointments,  Mark is listed as the person with significant control of OPG-4.
He is the owner of more than 75% of the share capital and he also has majority ownership of the associated voting rights.
He is president of Croix Oil Co in Stillwater but part-sold the family-owned petroleum business for an undisclosed sum to two separate buyers.
In 2012, Ogren moved into sport, purchasing the Mankato MoonDogs, a baseball team, which he sold in 2017.
He now is the majority owner of the Sioux Falls Canaries in South Dakota, an independent professional baseball team that plays in the American Baseball Association.
Ogren is also part of an investment group that owns the Sioux Falls Stampede ice hockey team, which plays in the US Hockey League, considered the top junior league in the US.
He hinted that he is likely to adopt a hands-off attitude to the day-to-day running of United, saying in relation to his MoonDogs purchase: “I’ll keep my mouth shut.
“I’ll leave those decisions to people who know more about baseball than I do.”  He added: “I’m a huge sports fan. “People are scratching their heads, like, ‘Where did this come from?’ “But my family and friends are excited about it.  “I don’t know if it’s because they’re excited for me, or if they’re just excited about it themselves and being nice.”

Oh..........THATS who he is.....[emoji106][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

...and Kilmarnock.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46849707