Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, ArabianKnight said:

Nice set of results for us this week. Would have been better winning the last two games obviously but looking decent now. Just need to ensure we beat our next to opponents. 

I thought we were very lucky today, a draw might have been a better reflection of the game.

We were poor last week too.

We will need to start playing better football if we are going to get ahead of Ayr and County.

We can’t afford to lose at Ayr or it just knocks us right back.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I thought we were very lucky today, a draw might have been a better reflection of the game.

We were poor last week too.

We will need to start playing better football if we are going to get ahead of Ayr and County.

We can’t afford to lose at Ayr or it just knocks us right back.

Tbf football fans are fickle bunch. We're sitting 3rd and we are 3pts off the top playing not so great. 

It's absolutely key we strengthen this window with a bit of quality and have the team playing better. 

Then again we could be playing well and losing. 

I'd rather see 3pts earned playing shite than play well and lose. Need to get promoted and if that takes winning ugly in a tough league I'll be happier with that. 

8 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Tbf football fans are fickle bunch. We're sitting 3rd and we are 3pts off the top playing not so great. 

It's absolutely key we strengthen this window with a bit of quality and have the team playing better. 

Then again we could be playing well and losing. 

I'd rather see 3pts earned playing shite than play well and lose. Need to get promoted and if that takes winning ugly in a tough league I'll be happier with that. 

I think we all would but a team playing good football is likely to win more games than a team who isn’t.

We we’re very good under Neilson in his first 5/6 games.  Not just winning but playing good football; relentless, playing with confidence, pressing the opposition.

We seem to have lost that.

Let’s just enjoy an excellent set of results and a good win against a team who’ve just punted their manager.
Assist from Nesbitt and Clark getting in amongst the goals again so there are positives.
Also elements of the team that will need to gel and hopefully they will get the chance to do that against Montrose.
Happy Saturday!

Can't believe after watching that garbage today that we have gained 3 points on the teams above us but great results all round today. 

One thing today's game has shown is that Neilson needs to find a formation that allows Clark to play in the box as that's where he comes to life and can contribute most, no point playing him at no 10 as he is a goal scorer not a creator.