Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I also remember when it was the B&Q Cup of Misery and Stenny pumped us on penalties in the final. Simpler times.

I remember that final as well at foggy McDiarmid Park.   Stenhousemuir had a goal ruled out in extra time as well.

I am sure that Stenhousemuir caused quite a few cup upsets in the various cups that year if I recall correctly. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm sure I've seen the reason somehwere, but why are we playing on Tuesday at the same time as the Scotland game, rather than this afternoon?

Someone at the club told me that the Alloa players are also only contracted to play at certain times (apart from on a Saturday) and that Tuesday night was the only night they could use (hence the clash with the Scotland game). 

28 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Someone at the club told me that the Alloa players are also only contracted to play at certain times (apart from on a Saturday) and that Tuesday night was the only night they could use (hence the clash with the Scotland game). 

I think that is the case with Craig Curran, who doesn’t tend to work on a Saturday

In the latest of a series of writings I put THIS together about the players that left us during, or at the end of, the 2015/16 season. It was not an easy list of players to write about...
I feel your anguish, that made for some painful reading!
McNamara obviously has to take a huge portion of the blame but Mixu was also a bombscare of an appointment, some of his signings were horrific, not to mention Demel at right wingback......shudder...[emoji33]

23 minutes ago, Eddie the Eagle said:

I feel your anguish, that made for some painful reading!
McNamara obviously has to take a huge portion of the blame but Mixu was also a bombscare of an appointment, some of his signings were horrific, not to mention Demel at right wingback......shudder...emoji33.png

Haha cheers, it was a tough one! 

On 17/11/2018 at 17:59, stumigoo said:

In the latest of a series of writings I put THIS together about the players that left us during, or at the end of, the 2015/16 season. It was not an easy list of players to write about...

Great read, if not an entirely pleasant one. I've really enjoyed this series of articles you've been doing. How far back are you planning on going with them?

As for that season, almost everything we touched seemed to turn to shit. Whatever happened with the whole Stevie Campbell incident at the start of that year?

That said, it's pretty amusing to think we were a penalty shootout away from the Scottish cup final. Not that I'm sorry we lost that now. God knows how much more of an arse we'd have made of ourselves had we beaten Hibs.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

"I'll be honest, I'm losing the will to live writing this list given the amount of absolute dross that featured..." :lol:

A rogues gallery to be sure. Looking at how many of them are now playing in very lower leagues or not involved in football, looks like the period ruined them as much as it did us.