Dundee United 2018/2019

I had not realised this but Laszlo was complaining in Saturday’s Courier that a team is only allowed three substitutes in the League Cup games!

He’s a fucking moron and so is the guy that kept him on.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I had not realised this but Laszlo was complaining in Saturday’s Courier that a team is only allowed three substitutes in the League Cup games!

He’s a fucking moron and so is the guy that kept him on.

Complains about the subs yet only makes 1 yes you couldn’t seriously make it up 

10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Presumably complaining about the lack of scope to make additional substitutions if required. I appreciate that's a bit nuanced for some of you guys.

Nae offence.

Laszlo is fucking useless and an embarrassment.   Anyone with half a brain can see that but maybe it’s a bit nuanced for you.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Laszlo is fucking useless and an embarrassment.   Anyone with half a brain can see that but maybe it’s a bit nuanced for you.

Come on, Granny. Let's be honest now, you don't really do nuanced. Strident, yes; polemic, certainly; bilious, absolutely. Not nuanced. 

There are plenty of reasons to criticise Laszlo without jumping on every  comment. It undermines your credibility if you flip out at every little thing. Or it would ...

Edited by Pull My Strings

36 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You can almost read Thompson’s thoughts there - “I can’t make 4 bad managerial appointments in a row, can I?”

Time will tell.  Need to give Csaba more time. 

The serpent was harshly treated. IMO.

It seems that Dundee fans genuinely want United to die.
Why? Taking things a bit far no? I love seeing Falkirk and Raith do shite but would never want them to die.

It's the curse of being a true European giant, a world renowned club, only respected by clubs of the same stature ...........

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Come on, Granny. Let's be honest now, you don't really do nuanced. Strident, yes; polemic, certainly; bilious, absolutely. Not nuanced. 

There are plenty of reasons to criticise Laszlo without jumping on every  comment. It undermines your credibility if you flip out at every little thing. Or it would ...

No that’s fair; I’m not subtle.

Mind you subtlety is not what is required.  

1 minute ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I’m really really confused as to why csaba, made the players train 3 and half hours on Friday before the game, really don’t understand why he’s treating the league cup as preseason, this is one 2 main domestic cups

The day that you can understand Laszlo please share it with us.

2 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I’m really really confused as to why csaba, made the players train 3 and half hours on Friday before the game, really don’t understand why he’s treating the league cup as preseason, this is one 2 main domestic cups

That's an easy one. It's because the games fall in pre season. I suppose you could argue that the team should forego part of their pre season and instead concentrate on the  cup games but that seems like a rather silly approach. Either pre season is a necessary part of preparation for the league campaign (and the consensus amongst teams all over the world is that it absolutely is) or it's not. If it is then it makes sense to do it properly, even if that means running the risk of underperforming in the league cup.

I personally couldn't give two fucks about the league cup games. It would be nice to play well and win but progressing in the competition really isn't important this season.

If they did work hard on Friday then that might explain why they were so shite on Saturday. There's a crumb of comfort in there.

56 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's an easy one. It's because the games fall in pre season. I suppose you could argue that the team should forego part of their pre season and instead concentrate on the  cup games but that seems like a rather silly approach. Either pre season is a necessary part of preparation for the league campaign (and the consensus amongst teams all over the world is that it absolutely is) or it's not. If it is then it makes sense to do it properly, even if that means running the risk of underperforming in the league cup.

I personally couldn't give two fucks about the league cup games. It would be nice to play well and win but progressing in the competition really isn't important this season.

If they did work hard on Friday then that might explain why they were so shite on Saturday. There's a crumb of comfort in there.

I'm not too bothered about the League Cup, it is certainly not a priority, but getting through the group stages with the chance of even one decent, lucrative draw would be nice.  Given our precarious finances that would be beneficial.

Also all the other teams are in the same situation as us with regrards to their preperations for the season and we should be finishing first or second in the group without too much effort.