19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We need someone who has not just money to buy Thomson’s shares but also to invest in the club.

I’d be surprised if John Gibson has that sort of money.

Why would anyone want too? 

You're expecting some lunatic to come in, spend money buying the club, and then start shelling out millions to get you through the season and paying off debts. Literally nobody except a millionaire United fan will have any interest in that situation. 

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We need someone who has not just money to buy Thomson’s shares but also to invest in the club.

I’d be surprised if John Gibson has that sort of money.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would anyone want too? 

You're expecting some lunatic to come in, spend money buying the club, and then start shelling out millions to get you through the season and paying off debts. Literally nobody except a millionaire United fan will have any interest in that situation. 

Come on RG.  Danger obviously didn’t mean what he said.

‘Invest’ means to use money to buy or participate in a business enterprise that offers the possibility of profit.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Come on RG.  Danger obviously didn’t mean what he said.

‘Invest’ means to use money to buy or participate in a business enterprise that offers the possibility of profit.

Any owner who makes a profit out of Scottish football is a liar. 

Support Dundee United in 1997/98? Played Championship Manager 97/98? Well here is a trip down memory lane for both of these things, here, here and here. Literally minutes of interest for anyone at a loose end. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Support Dundee United in 1997/98? Played Championship Manager 97/98? Well here is a trip down memory lane for both of these things, here, here and here. Literally minutes of interest for anyone at a loose end. 

Excellent read. Some I had completely forgotten about and a few I wish I had! 

9 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Excellent read. Some I had completely forgotten about and a few I wish I had! 

Cheers! 

Thompson is GONE. Shares been sold to Martin, Jimmy Fyffe and one other. Official and on the website.

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Thompson is GONE. Shares been sold to Martin, Jimmy Fyffe and one other. Official and on the website.

Admin to be announced at 4.30pm.

Admin to be announced at 4.30pm.

Shit I just realised it’s Friday and to make matters worse it’s Friday the 13th!!!!

IMG_1764.jpg

In full. Beautiful. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out you Rat.

Season starts here......

29 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Shit I just realised it’s Friday and to make matters worse it’s Friday the 13th!!!!

Yip. We'll be doon the tubes and flushed by the time ehv feenished meh Evening Tully.

Thank you.

Fact.

'Long-term investment opportunities' don't sound too concrete to me lads.  If it's admin, I'd like to be the preferred bidder for the key to the sex-dungeon.

This isn't aimed at anyone on here (and certainly not Granny who's gripe was with Laszlo and now he has a Season Ticket anyway) but I hope that all the keyboard supporters who proclaimed they would NEVER go back until Thompson left actually do come back. I always assume that a fairly large chunk of Facebookers and twitterers who say this stuff haven't actually been at Tannadice for years and use ST as an excuse but maybe that is the sceptic in me. I'd urge anyone who hasn't bought a Season Ticket or wasn't going to go to the games to actually go now and put their money and actions where their mouth is (or fingers if it was keyboard). I've also got some other musings on it here but that is just me trying to get clicks on my blog.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This isn't aimed at anyone on here (and certainly not Granny who's gripe was with Laszlo and now he has a Season Ticket anyway) but I hope that all the keyboard supporters who proclaimed they would NEVER go back until Thompson left actually do come back.

Having seen this happen at Killie and Falkirk I can confirm your suspicions that it's just pish spouted by arseholes

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Having seen this happen at Killie and Falkirk I can confirm your suspicions that it's just pish spouted by arseholes

Even if it just a few hundred it will make a difference but I agree that for some it is just people using it as an excuse not to go. I don't mind people not going to games, especially with the cost involved but for months we've had a keyboard army proclaiming to be lifelong, tattooed, bleed tangerine supporters who would only go if Thompson left but if that is the case then I'll expect 10,000 at the game tomorrow!

The worse club for this has always been Scotland's shame based in Govan, The amount of **** you ask if they go to Ibrox and the answer is always "no, but I used to". Judging by this, back in the day Ibrox capacity musta been around 300,000.

21 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

...it's just pish spouted by arseholes

Confused-doctor.jpg