3 hours ago, banana said:

I'm hearing we've a defensive midfielder on trial with "good pedigree".

Has he recently been released from Bali United?

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

No chance; our if he’d tried that, our lightning fast CB pairing of the Edge and Big Tam would have chased him down before he reached Arklay Street and talked some sense into him.........

:rolleyes:

Edge and Scobbie lightning fast :lol:, I am sure I have seen faster snails then them.

The thought of them in defence again is horrifying though:bairn.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Has he recently been released from Bali United?

After his antics in the home leg of the play off against Livingston I would be in no rush to welcome him back.

Back to Dunfermline with him.

An unfortunate sequence of events for poor Willo, but probably for the best. Adjusting to a new culture and strange language etc in some footballing backwater isn't the ideal way to wind down a career.

Bali might not have been easy either.

Pare Willo, cannae get in Indonesia cos Yenited are shite. Willo would’ve loved the lifestyle  

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Pare Willo, cannae get in Indonesia cos Yenited are shite. Willo would’ve loved the lifestyle  

Actually, it's the last club that matters. He couldnt get into the league because Dunfermline are shite.

17 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Actually, it's the last club that matters. He couldnt get into the league because Dunfermline are shite.

Going by the article on it, it was about United and not Dunfermline

8 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

It is irrelevant which of the two clubs it is as both would not meet being a foreign top flight club anyway for work permit criteria.

They signed Nick van der Velden from us so there’s maybe more to it than just it being about United in the Championship.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

They signed Nick van der Velden from us so there’s maybe more to it than just it being about United in the Championship.

Was he with you when you were in the Championship? Because I'm sure that's the actual rule. He must have played in the countries top flight with his last club. 

9 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Was he with you when you were in the Championship? Because I'm sure that's the actual rule. He must have played in the countries top flight with his last club. 

Yes, van der Velden joined United the summer before the first season in the Championship.   I remember him scoring the equaliser against QoS in a 1-1 at Tannadice at the start of that season.

Edited by CaspianChris

Yeah he was with us in the Championship. I did read one suggestion that given he is Dutch and his last Dutch club were in the Eredivisie when he was there then that might have qualified him for a work permit. Not sure the ins and outs of it but there must be something more to the Flood case given the same club signed a player from us the year before.

Bali United probably just assumed a global club like Dundee United was in the top division.

I can just imagine them sitting there in stunned disbelief muttering “fucking Jackie McNamara” in Balinese.

19 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah he was with us in the Championship. I did read one suggestion that given he is Dutch and his last Dutch club were in the Eredivisie when he was there then that might have qualified him for a work permit. Not sure the ins and outs of it but there must be something more to the Flood case given the same club signed a player from us the year before.

I think Indonesia's a former colony of the Netherlands so there may be reciprocal work permit arrangements, or some such. 

The rule was only brought in at the start of the Indonesia season so VDV was able to sign before.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

Nae Dabs in Bali

This is seriously disappointing news, no surprise that baldy clown has screwed things up and driven a buyer of his shares away.

Deal dead for Stephen Thompson’s majority shares sale in @dundeeunitedfc 
Potential buyer John Gibson, has pulled, out saying unacceptable conditions were being imposed after he thought he had a deal. Doesn’t sound like it’ll be resuscitated. Perhaps current board will buy !

Source is Jim Spence on Twitter. 

Edited by CaspianChris

So Tony Watt and now Ali Crawford both turned us down for other deals. Both would have strengthened our squad