Dundee United 2018/2019

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tony Watt was training with our U18's yesterday. Probably about United's level. (I'm well aware this can come back to haunt me, but I wouldn't be happy if we signed him. He's got ability, but there's just far too many question marks)

You should be very careful, there's a rumour on Twitter Dundee have agreed to a deal with him but are waiting on Habers departure to be confirmed. 

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBF you've become a bit of a c**t since you moved to Australia.

On the plus side, you're not racist yet, so you've not gone full Aussie.

Another hurtful and frankly uncalled for character assassination at the hands of the dabs. That's the last time I give out helpful signing advice. 

I'd guess it's probably just Utd fans who are understandably of that opinion Mark. I'd also guess it's more to do with the dabs going doon at the hands of Dundee FC  on 02.05.16, and the subsequent 2 years of hilarity, than me moving to Oz a month earlier that has resulted in me becoming a c**t having more ammunition to gently tease you lot. 

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

I see allardice is doing a murdoch and saying his future lies in central defence. If we don’t sign at least two more experienced central defenders at the expense of at least one of our current duds I’ll be extremely worried.
As for Watt, my enduring memory of him was on the floor of a toilet cubicle in a Glasgow nightclub telling people he was the greatest player in the world shortly after the Barca game, perfectly aware that he may have matured greatly in the last few years but the signs aren’t the most encouraging.

Thankfully just sounds like someone saw him in Dundee, put 2 and 2 together and got 6-2.

First team lost 1-0 to Raith Rovers in a friendly over at St.Andrews. At the Oban tournament Craig Easton’s squad won the competition after 4 wins.

I’d expect a big pre-season vibe from the Betfred games given the message Csaba was putting across on Arabzone. He’s targeting new players but spoke only of having them in place before the league season begins so we may have to wait depending on negotiations.

13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

First team lost 1-0 to Raith Rovers in a friendly over at St.Andrews. At the Oban tournament Craig Easton’s squad won the competition after 4 wins.

I’d expect a big pre-season vibe from the Betfred games given the message Csaba was putting across on Arabzone. He’s targeting new players but spoke only of having them in place before the league season begins so we may have to wait depending on negotiations.

Shhh, don't tell everyone about the Secret Game

33 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Let's hope for similar scenes at Tannadice this season with the Championship trophy being lifted.

And next season with the Premiership trophy, and the season after that with the Champions League trophy...

...I’ve taken that too far haven’t I?  :(

Edited by Granny Danger

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just seen a thing online that Dundee’s wee team has been named and shamed for paying below the minimum wage.

I would hope and trust United has higher standards.

That is sad to hear but not surprising.

Hopefully the staff members are paid what they are due, rather than having to settle for a few pence in the pound like so many individuals and businesses before them.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo