Dundee United 2018/2019

7 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

I still think Sow is a prospect, he was thrown in unfit due to other players injuries, given a good pre season I think he will do the business

Sow is 29 years old.

The days of being a prospect have long gone.  

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I mainly post on two forums on here; the Scottish Championship one involving United and the Politics one.  

The similarities are striking.  People incapable of distinguishing between the world as it is and the world as they would like it to be.

There was a time you used to post on a third forum regularly.  In fact you were posting on it regularly only a week or two ago ;) 

Something seems to have changed all that :lol:

7 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Could have a gif of you looking like that once you lose to Airdrie in the relegation playoffs but BT don’t cover those.

I am thoroughly enjoying your contributions to the forum. Long may it continue.

Could have a gif of you looking like that once you lose to Airdrie in the relegation playoffs but BT don’t cover those.

So that is you crying in the above gif?

What a terrible wee shame.

21 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Dundee Utd fans, please continue.

If you look closely, you'll note that the vast majority of contributions are not from Dundee United fans...

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Our problem has not been sacking managers too soon, it’s been not sacking them soon enough.  

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it...

Can you not remember our record of hiring managers!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dundee_United_F.C._managers

19 hours ago, harry94 said:

He took over in the October international break and you've accumulated 54 points from then which matches Ross County.

But he won those points without playing two up front for every minute of every game, so apparently he should be sacked.

18 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Theres no point in sacking neilson. Hes too negative and hesitant but he can get a team out of the championship. As people have pointed out, results have improved dramatically since he came in, even though there's been some stinking performances.

Agreed, and that is all that we should be looking at.

I'm staggered that the sacking of Neilson is even up for debate.  He has been given 28 league games. 

18 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

If we sack the best performing manager over his tenure in the championship, who’s turned around around the atmosphere in the dressing room and brought thousands of fans back, then who do we bring in next?

I genuinely hate to think: (i) who the board would approach (Dundee United do not do this well...); and (ii) who would want to come to Tannadice (knowing that we sacked his predecessor after 28 league games in which he outscored the league winners and raised the team from 4th to 2nd).

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

If you look closely, you'll note that the vast majority of contributions are not from Dundee United fans...

Can you not remember our record of hiring managers!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dundee_United_F.C._managers

But he won those points without playing two up front for every minute of every game, so apparently he should be sacked.

Agreed, and that is all that we should be looking at.

I'm staggered that the sacking of Neilson is even up for debate.  He has been given 28 league games. 

I genuinely hate to think: (i) who the board would approach (Dundee United do not do this well...); and (ii) who would want to come to Tannadice (knowing that we sacked his predecessor after 28 league games in which he outscored the league winners and raised the team from 4th to 2nd).

If I am wrong I will be delighted to admit it.  Let's wait and see.

3 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Fake news.

From Neilson's appointment:-

County
- Points 54
- GF 49
- GA 30
- GD 19

United
- Points 54
- GF 37
- GA 26
- GD 11

Sawesome someone on twitter suggesting United are likely to sign Lee Wallace last night.   

I had heard rumours before about that and did not believe them and I still do not, I think he will most likely end up at Hearts if he stays in Scotland or a lower club in England. 

If it happens I will walk barefooted on a patch of stinging nettles.

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

Sawesome someone on twitter suggesting United are likely to sign Lee Wallace last night.   

I had heard rumours before about that and did not believe them and I still do not, I think he will most likely end up at Hearts if he stays in Scotland or a lower club in England. 

If it happens I will walk barefooted on a patch of stinging nettles.

Seems a bit OTT. Wallace would be a decent signing but not enough to make me want to take my shoes off.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Seems a bit OTT. Wallace would be a decent signing but not enough to make me want to take my shoes off.

Stinging nettles on bare feet is more bareable than the reaction of Rangers fans will be.  You know exactly the rage that will follow if it happens.

49 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If I am wrong I will be delighted to admit it.  Let's wait and see.

Neilson is going no where. Ogren and Ashgar have both stated Neilson will be here next season. At Q&A Ogren stated when being asked about his plans, un prompted l, said "in Robbie we have one of the best young coaches in Scotland and is a part of our plans" or something similar.

15 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Stinging nettles on bare feet is more bareable than the reaction of Rangers fans will be.  You know exactly the rage that will follow if it happens.

Not convinced. He's a reject. Why should they care?