Dundee United 2018/2019

Utter pish.
Towns the likes of Hamilton, Motherwell and Dingwalll* have teams in the top tier of Scottish football, and between us, we can’t match that in Dundee.
It’s a fucking disgrace...

Not to forget Paisley

10 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Utter pish.

Towns the likes of Hamilton, Motherwell and Dingwalll* have teams in the top tier of Scottish football, and between us, we can’t match that in Dundee.

It’s a fucking disgrace...

Both Dundee teams deserve to play in the Championship.  Neither have any right to play in the Premiership.

We will continue in the Championship until our board start a season with the right manager.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Both Dundee teams deserve to play in the Championship.  Neither have any right to play in the Premiership.

We will continue in the Championship until our board start a season with the right manager.

100% accurate.........unlike United’s penalties today.

Edited by Shadow Play

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yip We do.

Nope, We don’t.

For me though not the time to change the manager

We came within a fanny hair of promotion today, and have a spine of a squad (with apparently sexy additions tba) That I reckon will tear the championship apart if fit, 

Hoping to fick we can blow it away next season. 

Not convinced though,,,,:unsure2:

Yip We do.
Nope, We don’t.
We came within a fanny hair of promotion today, and have a spine of a squad (with apparently sexy additions tba) That I reckon will tear the championship apart if fit, 
The manager's job is not in danger, and despite reservations nor should it be. But...I do think the pressure will mount if we don't start next season well. We're chucking a lot of money at this (in Championship terms), and I assume that won't change next season.

11 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Yip We do.

Nope, We don’t.

5 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
11 minutes ago, MacArab said:
Yip We do.
Nope, We don’t.

The manager's job is not in danger, and despite reservations nor should it be. But...I do think the pressure will mount if we don't start next season well. We're chucking a lot of money at this (in Championship terms), and I assume that won't change next season.

No let’s wait until he fucks things up then we can replace him x months into the season like we did with McNamara, McKinnon and Laszlo.  Great strategy guys.

17 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Dear Robbie

Pavol Safranko is not a fucking winger!!!!

Regards

Every single fucking utd fan.

Dear skinny arab.

He’s not a penalty taker either.  It took some doing but Safranko’s penalty was the worse penalty of the shoot out.

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:34, Pull My Strings said:

I doubt we paid a fee for either. MK probably relieved to get them off the wage bill.

If Sow cost more than £1.50 I would be disappointed & add the  boy Connolly if the two of them cost more than a fish supper you were robbed

2 hours ago, NEFarab said:

meh, not really that fussed, happy to win the league and scud the dees next season so it was a win-win either way.

Aye right, you're heartbroken that your arsewipe of a team are here for another season, told ya.

Ive had a wee bit of time now to ponder upon today and the season in general. Will be a bit of a long one so apologies. I do expect some TL;DRs!

After Robbie arrived id have hoped hed have settled the ship and then gone all out attack to get out of this league.

After slagging f**k out of the squad, we stumbled on to the January window where he signed a first team squad more or less, but in particular four players in Reynolds, Connoly, Pawlett, Sow which at championship level looked like amazing  signings. In my opinion, Reynolds has been the only good performer over the piece. Pawlett has been unfit and injured, Connoly has been really poor and Sow, well, looks like Robbie has made a c**t of that one. 

The other signings have been decent to pish. Id lump Butcher into the decent and the rest into the 'meh' category, then stick Laidlaw and Nesbitt in the 'who?' pile. Honourable mention for Harkes who is utterly terrible but seems to get away with it week on week.

Now, for Robbie.

Some of the worst performances this season have been under him. With his new team. Inept didnt cover the performances at times.

Hes insisted on playing 1 forward untill the last 7 or 8 league games of the season.  Said forward, Safranko, had been utterly isolated.  As lots of fans had been crying out for months, he starts playing Clark and hey presto, we improve and eventually end up going on a decent run. Still not scoring enough goals but its effective enough.

We go into the playoffs and have a good result over two legs V ICT and we have a huge opportunity V a poor St Mirren side. Great home support for the home leg and really, he didnt try and win the game enough for me. We had a couple of good chances but the Sow subbie for me killed the game. He was rotten, as he has been every game. Safranko wasnt fully fit and our keeper kept us in it at times with some good saves. Pawlett was mince and again, Harkes didnt do much. We just didnt create enough and the couole of chances we did get, we wasted.

Last roll of the dice today. One game. 90 odd minuites. Big travelling support. Cant really pick too much wrong with the lineup imo.

Clark scores that penalty and we dont build on it. Connoly the plonker makes an arse of a simple clearance again, great finish from the St Mirren forward and back to square one. We huffed and puffed, looked tired early on and then, for some stupid reason, in a game which has the potential to go to penalties he takes off our best penalty taker. The guy who scored a penalty in this very game. A guy who has scored a few important goals and is a good finisher. Puts on Sow the laziest show pony on Earth with one goal in months, and basically we lose all threat because Safranko is shunted about for the rest of the game. 

Why?

Why not play both up front if Sow HAS to come on? Why not go for it? Why not leave Clark on, put McMullan up front and have pace and movement in an actual front 3 of Safranko, Clark and McMullan? Look to cause them problems?

We were REALLY lucky to finish with 11 men. Connoly somehow not getting sent off. I really think hes a total liability. Hes like an angry rhino.

It was a must win game and RN is fist pumping getting to extra time and penalties with a tiring team who have nothing left to give. Dick head.

I really think Ogren and co have a huge decision to make. Personally, id get rid. Its been brutal with a team of players who would have won the league under a positive manager. Awful substitutions, poor tactics and a general lack of attacking threat have caused this. Just look at the goals scored column.

Overall, it feels like abject failure from a manager and team who have given it big licks recently and have been found out. No substance. No balls. Exactly the same as McKinnon and Laszlo. Just far more expensive.