Dundee United 2018/2019

11 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

That's how I understood it.

I know there have been rumours about Scott Fox and Lee Wallace so I wonder if either or both a possibility.

If Wallace is one  just imagine the Sevco rage :).

8 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Things  are looking up and are nice and positive just now and long may that continue.

It is good to have an owner who cares about the club, especially after the lack of interest from Thompson who only wanted his money back.

I hope I can post this in the near future but substitute Thompson for Ritchie.

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Scott Fox would be distinctly meh. 

For those that were there - do the five new players include the four who have already agreed to come? And do those four include Smith?

The way it was said I would assume so. It was mentioned that part of the decision making and recruitment in January was to avoid wholesale changes.

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

The way it was said I would assume so. It was mentioned that part of the decision making and recruitment in January was to avoid wholesale changes.

So just one more to come in after those four? (forgive me, I'm still at least one coffee short of proper functioning this morning).

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

So just one more to come in after those four? (forgive me, I'm still at least one coffee short of proper functioning this morning).

Potentially yes. Robbie's full description was he wanted 5 players, it maybe 4 it maybe 6 depending on budget, but he was looking for 5.

Tony Ashgar stated later on that they had spoken with 4 players who had bought into the clubs plans etc and after a meeting about players/budget/recruitment earlier that day  it had been agreed that the budget would be moved about so that irrespective of league they would still be here.

No worries, happy to help.

Edited by Tannadeechee
Incompetent typist

Scott Fox would be distinctly meh. 
For those that were there - do the five new players include the four who have already agreed to come? And do those four include Smith?

Scott Fox is miles better than the clowns Dundee United have had in goals over the last couple of seasons.

15 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Robbie is looking for 5 players. These are to improve the 1st team. 

2 preseason games already arranged, looking for 5 in total

BetFred Cup is to be taken seriously Robbie wants to do well in it

4 players have bought into United's plans and should be announced after season's end, irrespective of league

Academy is going for Elite status, ambitious, looking to be the best in Scotland and then beyond. Looking to concentrate on local talent.

Boca Juniors tie up isnt just looking for players, it will be coaches going there/coming here learning how each other works, commercial ideas etc

New catering, local produce. Installing new POS throughout the stadium to help speedup serving times.

Not the end of the world if promotion is not gained according to Mark Ogren, 

Don't want to be just be in Premiership, looking to be in Europe

Pavol Safranko was brought up, Robbie repeated what he's said before, he's an Aalborg player, they'll surely want to get a look at him, they've spoken and will do so again once seasons finished

You forgot about the new shelving in the George Fox for folk to lay their coffee upon. 

28 minutes ago, AllthingsSPFL said:

All the best United as a Morton fan I would love to see the Renfrewshire derby back at Cappielow next season.

One of the best introductory posts I have seen on P&B.

Welcome. ;)

5 hours ago, Dele said:

You forgot about the new shelving in the George Fox for folk to lay their coffee upon. 

I was holding off on that one, it was such in important issue. 

It was though a cup of tea, because when you have a cup of tea, there is no place to put your cup of tea down, so your left holding your cup of tea....

Edited by Tannadeechee
Incompetent typist