Dundee United 2018/2019

20 hours ago, Dele said:

In what way are they ridiculous? 

How would you they rather be set up? 

In my eyes play-offs should involve all teams requiring the same number of games to gain promotion; and the unfairness of finishing 3rd or 4th in the Championship make the play-offs ridiculous.  The SFA needn't reinvent the wheel, just copy any of the major leagues in Europe (with the exception of the 10 team play-offs in Eredivisie).

I personally think the English Premiership has the best play-offs, with a two-legged semi followed by a final at the national stadium, but that would necessitate a two-up two-down situation, and the  Premier league teams will never vote for that.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can only assume hes getting excuses in early.

You read my post and thought it was an excuse for something?  Bizarre. 

7 hours ago, David W said:

Came on here to post the same. 

This is not a comedy comment; I genuinely feel he'd benefit from another season on loan. He had a few games where he made errors defensively or struggled to have an impact. Absolutely no doubt that in our biggest game for years he stepped up to the mark though; a sensational individual performance to open up a very defensive Annan time and time again.

I hope we send him back out on loan to Cyde for the whole of next season; if he is not ready for first team football on a weekly basis, there is no better place for a player than returning to a team he knows well (like we did with Willo Flood back in the day).

5 hours ago, arab_joe said:

In my eyes play-offs should involve all teams requiring the same number of games to gain promotion; and the unfairness of finishing 3rd or 4th in the Championship make the play-offs ridiculous.  The SFA needn't reinvent the wheel, just copy any of the major leagues in Europe (with the exception of the 10 team play-offs in Eredivisie).

Tbf I don’t think the teams finishing 3rd and 4th in a 10 team league can complain that much at having a chance of promotion. 

4th is pretty much mid table.

On 5/19/2019 at 13:37, Yankee_Dollar said:

At least you'll get 4 Derbies next season. Ha ha ha ha 

HOPEFULLY

Hopefully indeed, but 3 at least. The 4th obviously depends on our and St Johnstone's placing after the split.*

*There is a possibility there might be 4 games against Dundee.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hopefully indeed, but 3 at least. The 4th obviously depends on our and St Johnstone's placing after the split.*

*There is a possibility there might be 4 games against Dundee.

Dont encourage the fermers with the nonsense Tayside Derby pish... 

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

It is on the official site. Over 7000.

Just saw that there,  cheers.

It will be redial city tomorrow as I attempt to get tickets for the away leg. 

Not holding out much hope sadly, and reckon I'll have chucked my phone out the window by lunchtime. :thumbsdown

2 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Just saw that there,  cheers.

It will be redial city tomorrow as I attempt to get tickets for the away leg. 

Not holding out much hope sadly, and reckon I'll have chucked my phone out the window by lunchtime. :thumbsdown

I don't have a season ticket so I've resigned myself to watching it on the TV. 

Imagine they’ll now be selling tickets for the part of the shed nearest the Jim McLean stand (which had the big flag covering it last Friday).

with 7000 tickets already sold we should be looking at about 9,500 united fans on Thursday 

It won't sell out.

I understand that United have shifted almost 8,500 home tickets thus far, so you're probably looking at around 10,000 total by Thursday. GF+Eddie+Shed is circa 10,500

From a utilitarian pov, we could give the Jerry Kerr to St Mirren. From a competitive pov, nae danger!

14 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Any updates from Bonar Hall?

Robbie is looking for 5 players. These are to improve the 1st team. 

2 preseason games already arranged, looking for 5 in total

BetFred Cup is to be taken seriously Robbie wants to do well in it

4 players have bought into United's plans and should be announced after season's end, irrespective of league

Academy is going for Elite status, ambitious, looking to be the best in Scotland and then beyond. Looking to concentrate on local talent.

Boca Juniors tie up isnt just looking for players, it will be coaches going there/coming here learning how each other works, commercial ideas etc

New catering, local produce. Installing new POS throughout the stadium to help speedup serving times.

Not the end of the world if promotion is not gained according to Mark Ogren, 

Don't want to be just be in Premiership, looking to be in Europe

Pavol Safranko was brought up, Robbie repeated what he's said before, he's an Aalborg player, they'll surely want to get a look at him, they've spoken and will do so again once seasons finished

Edited by Tannadeechee
Incompetent typist

Things  are looking up and are nice and positive just now and long may that continue.

It is good to have an owner who cares about the club, especially after the lack of interest from Thompson who only wanted his money back.

8 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Robbie is looking for 5 players. These are to improve the 1st team. 

2 preseason games already arranged, looking for 5 in total

BetFred Cup is to be taken seriously Robbie wants to do well in it

4 players have bought into United's plans and should be announced after season's end, irrespective of league

Academy is going for Elite status, ambitious,.looking to be the best in Scotland and then beyond. Looking to concentrate on local talent.

Boca Juniors tie up isnt just looking.for players, it will be coached going there/coming here learning how each other works, commercial ideas etc

New catering, local produce. Installing new POS throughout the stadium to help speedup serving times.

Not the end of the world if promotion is not gained according to Mark Ogren, 

Don't want to be just be in Premiership, looking to be in Europe

Pavol Safranko was brought up, Robbie repeated what he's said before, he's an Aalborg player, they'll surely want to get a look at him, they've spoken and will do so again once seasons finished

All very positive and I enjoyed the evening like most did I think. 

Thought Robbie might have wanted a couple more players but I suppose it may also depend on who we can move it first.