Dundee United 2018/2019

48 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Good to see our Dee friends have recovered their zest following their recent disappointment. It's like their relegation was just a bad dream. 

You become immune to such disappointment when you’ve suffered it so often I heard.

On 11/05/2019 at 14:42, stumigoo said:

Absolute nonsense. Unless you started watching United in 2015 you’re talking pish.

On 11/05/2019 at 13:42, Twinkle said:

Behave yourself emoji38.png

On 11/05/2019 at 14:43, NEFarab said:

Limited player but extremely committed. 

Not great but you must’ve been wearing a blindfold for the last 4 years to think that. 

On 11/05/2019 at 18:53, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 11/05/2019 at 13:41, Accent-Unknown said:
Sean Dillon is one of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice and I will never stop finding the love for him utterly baffling.

Bollocks

On 11/05/2019 at 19:34, dregs 83 said:

Sean Dillon was a consummate professional who gave everything to the shirt every time he played.
He also kissed silver for us and was part of teams which consistently finished top 6 for us for a number of seasons.
Wash your mouth out.

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12_41.31_PM.png.22f14e48a482a0f06ceea8cffe5b8135.png

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12_41.31_PM.png.22f14e48a482a0f06ceea8cffe5b8135.png

To be fair to you I don’t think we should be  aspiring to be signing Dillon-esque players in the future.

and his meltdown against the accies would have rivalled floods against Livi in hilarity if I wasn’t wanting us to actually look competent and get promoted. 

Edited by NEFarab

30 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

and his meltdown against the accies would have rivalled floods against Livi in hilarity if I wasn’t wanting us to actually look competent and get promoted. 

They aren't comparable. Dillon snapped and reacted badly to the fans hurling abuse and accusing him of not caring after the Accies play-offs. A regrettable and unfortunate way for his United career to end.

Flood, conversely, completely lost the plot against Livi and made an arse of himself; being provoked by a TV camera filming him as he walked off the pitch.

2 hours ago, NEFarab said:

To be fair to you I don’t think we should be  aspiring to be signing Dillon-esque players in the future.

I would argue that reliable pros who can give the club good service is exactly where we should be going with some signings. When Dillon first arrived he was, for the first 2 or 3 seasons, someone who would have fitted in at right-back for a fair few Premiership sides. With the turnover in players in recent years we are crying out for a spine of about 6 or 7 players who we can rely upon. 

2 hours ago, captainkev said:

They aren't comparable. Dillon snapped and reacted badly to the fans hurling abuse and accusing him of not caring after the Accies play-offs. A regrettable and unfortunate way for his United career to end.

Flood, conversely, completely lost the plot against Livi and made an arse of himself; being provoked by a TV camera filming him as he walked off the pitch.

What I mean is both would be make funny viewing for opposition fans.

21 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I would argue that reliable pros who can give the club good service is exactly where we should be going with some signings. When Dillon first arrived he was, for the first 2 or 3 seasons, someone who would have fitted in at right-back for a fair few Premiership sides. With the turnover in players in recent years we are crying out for a spine of about 6 or 7 players who we can rely upon. 

Was meaning players of his quality in his latter years than his personality etc.

I have huge admiration for solid pros like Sean and the coaching work he is doing in the Dundee area is great. 

Would rather have a core group than a constant turnover of journeyman that we’ve had recently but sentimentally cannot rule in football. 

Sentimentality aside, Sean was a very decent player for a number of years before it tailed off at the end. I think the constant pissing about with his position played a part in that. He was a good right back and decent cover at centre half. Asking him to flit along the back four when the team were falling apart absolutely ruined his confidence. He could have gone on for longer if he'd just been left to play his own position.

Listening to the game tonight I keep falling into the trap of wondering which team I would prefer to get in the play off final...............dangerous thinking in the extreme ..... Having to drag myself back to reality .... ICT are our next opponents ........ Forget about which team finishes 2nd bottom... Concentrate on getting past Inverness ......... I hope the terrors are more focused on the job in hand than I am [emoji15]

36 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Bring back McNamara, Brewster or Mixu all is forgiven :).

The irony is that Neilson is our best manager for a few seasons, but maybe that’s faint praise.

I think we have a decent squad and that he could get far more out of our players if he played to their strengths with the right formation.  It’s frustrating that he doesn’t.

34 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Whats all the negative comments on Sow from a lot of United fans? Some of his hold up play was good and you can see he has ability. He is lacking a bit confidence in front of goal that is all.

There is definitely a player in there, but at the moment Safranko does everything he does, and much better, yet we still move Pav out of position to accommodate him

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

There is definitely a player in there, but at the moment Safranko does everything he does, and much better, yet we still move Pav out of position to accommodate him

Surely Safranko and Clark up front together at home makes sense. Even if Sow is brought on in the second half for either of them I wouldn't complain as he can hold the play up top fairly well. 

He's not gonna score this season so having him on from the start is pointless