Dundee United 2018/2019

20 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I still have concerns with these mass clear outs each year, if we don’t go up.

If we don’t there will be no doubt another job lot brought in , we throw the betfred, they we have a bad start and chase someone, rinse and repeat

Aye, although the annual clear out is a symptom of poor performance rather than the cause. You need a degree of success first if you want to stop the churn. No point persevering with guys who have already shown themselves not to be up to the job.

Edit: re. the impact on the team for next year - none of these guys are in the team. I can't see how releasing reserves is going to impact performances particularly. The bulk of next year's team will be the guys who play in the playoffs, surely.

Edited by Pull My Strings

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, although the annual clear out is a symptom of poor performance rather than the cause. You need a degree of success first if you want to stop the churn. No point persevering with guys who have already shown themselves not to be up to the job.

Edit: re. the impact on the team for next year - none of these guys are in the team. I can't see how releasing reserves is going to impact performances particularly. The bulk of next year's team will be the guys who play in the playoffs, surely.

I agree.

If we don't go up, I reckon  we will be in the best position we have been in thus far in terms of a having a settled squad of decent quality., and I for one am encouraged by this.

We have a good spine of a team still under contract and it will hopefully be well supplemented with similar quality in the close season regardless of which league we are in.

59 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I still have concerns with these mass clear outs each year, if we don’t go up.

If we don’t there will be no doubt another job lot brought in , we throw the betfred, they we have a bad start and chase someone, rinse and repeat

Which players have we binned in the last couple of years that you think we should have kept?

2 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

If we make it through to the playoff final, does anyone know what way round the legs are? As in, would be at home in the 1st or 2nd leg?

Home first on the Thursday night mate. 

9 hours ago, MacArab said:

These guys...;)

images (2).jpeg

In all seriousness I wouldn't have been against handing Dillon another year given our woes at right-back. Of course, if we had recruited properly it wouldn't have been an issue, but for a year he would have been a better choice at right-back than Murdoch. 

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

In all seriousness I wouldn't have been against handing Dillon another year given our woes at right-back. Of course, if we had recruited properly it wouldn't have been an issue, but for a year he would have been a better choice at right-back than Murdoch. 

Heard that we did. Dillon allegedly asked sometime after January whether he was being kept on so he could put is name out and get a club for the next season. Was told he wouldn't, so that was when they filmed his goodbye. Ray then spoke to him in February and he would be getting kept on, would have been on reduced terms and as a squad player. Because of that Dillon didn't put out he was available. After the play off loss to Hamilton Ray then told him he wasn't getting a contract and denied telling him he would get one.  Dillon has no time for Ray. All "alledgedly" of course.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Nothing that you say about Sean Dillon can be viewed objectively.  You know this.

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Sean Dillon is one of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice and I will never stop finding the love for him utterly baffling.

18 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Sean Dillon is one of the worst players I've seen at Tannadice and I will never stop finding the love for him utterly baffling.

Whilst I agree that Dillon is far from the best player ever to have had the privelige of wearing the famous tangerine and black, we have had whole squads of jobbers, wasters and strays in, even in the time since he left, that wouldn't have the skill to lace his boots.

IMO.

Edited by MacArab

Absolute nonsense. Unless you started watching United in 2015 you’re talking pish.