Dundee United 2018/2019

54 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Inspired by a thread on the Premiership forum I've compiled a definitive, or as close as I can get, list of all the players who have costed us more than £100,000 - link

I’m sorry I read this so late in the evening.  Some definite nightmare material in there.

We recalled him from his loan at Montrose last year, played him once and he looked pretty good (albeit against Brechin) and then his name was obviously never pulled out of Csaba’s tombola and he disappeared away on loan again until he was punted at the end of the season.

Hey ho .. maybe you can buy him back from us next year.

15 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Amazing that a player as shite and ineffective as Billy King has made it to 25 years of age having played a lot for Hearts, Rangers, Inverness and Dundee United.

Doesn’t seem to have done too well at Gillingham so I’d imagine he’ll flirt around the edges of full-time football (Falkirk, Raith, Queens etc or some shite English club) for the next few years before going part time before he’s 30. He’s absolutely stealing a living.

Dunfermline. Just seems like that kind of player that always ends up playing for them. Him and Nathan Austin. Calling it now.

14 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I don't agree with that. This is his job and his young family have moved here on the basis of a lengthy and fairly well paid contract offered by United. The club needs to offer him a deal to leave, it is the fault of the previous regime for sanctioning the signing, not Loemba's. 

100%.  We can hardly blame our players for taking the wages that we have offered them.  That said, it would be good for us if some other club would take on that burden...

9 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Seaman away back to Bournemouth apparently!  Strange timing if true.

I agree.  I can't see how we benefit in sending him back now; the next couple of weeks may be our busiest in the whole season.

8 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Inspired by a thread on the Premiership forum I've compiled a definitive, or as close as I can get, list of all the players who have costed us more than £100,000 - link

Sweet Jesus.  That list has some truly terrible signings.  It is almost unbelievable just how few games a lot of those "big signings" actually made.

I was going to add my opinion as to the worst of them all, but there are just too many options...

11 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Amazing that a player as shite and ineffective as Billy King has made it to 25 years of age having played a lot for Hearts, Rangers, Inverness and Dundee United.

Doesn’t seem to have done too well at Gillingham so I’d imagine he’ll flirt around the edges of full-time football (Falkirk, Raith, Queens etc or some shite English club) for the next few years before going part time before he’s 30. He’s absolutely stealing a living.

Thing with Billy is that he's got all the talent required to be a very decent Premiership winger. Good pace, two good feet, good delivery. Unfortunately he has the heart of a sparrow which renders all the rest of it utterly pointless.

14 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Safe to say whoever is on the tribunal panel fucking hates us

Tele back page.

1A7FCF0B-C5F3-4987-BFC1-C9876E99111A.thumb.jpeg.16c1447dd0ef43367efd08e51fee1c3a.jpeg

He lives in the USA; of course he’s going to come in on a jet.

DC Thomson are fucking appalling, it saddens me that I spend £25k plus each year advertising with them.  :(

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Tele back page.

1A7FCF0B-C5F3-4987-BFC1-C9876E99111A.thumb.jpeg.16c1447dd0ef43367efd08e51fee1c3a.jpeg

DC Thomson are fucking appalling, it saddens me that I spend £25k plus each year advertising with them.  :(

Appalling? They're just stating a fact mate.

Edited by ArabAuslander

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:
Appalling? They're just stating a fact mate.

How else was he going to shoe horn in his 25k per year advertising bill?

You still on this forum wee man?  Shame.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Tele back page.

O'Dea's key Dee moments sounds fucking hilarious.  That's reeled me in. 

22 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I doubt we paid a fee for either. MK probably relieved to get them off the wage bill.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5936/SOW-BECOMES-A-TANGERINE.html

"Dundee United have signed, subject to clearance, striker Osman Sow from MK Dons for an undisclosed fee."

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5925/PETER-PAWLETT-IS-TANGERINE.html

"Dundee United have signed, subject to clearance, attacker Peter Pawlett for an undisclosed fee. Peter joins on a contract until the end of the 2021 season."

2 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5936/SOW-BECOMES-A-TANGERINE.html

"Dundee United have signed, subject to clearance, striker Osman Sow from MK Dons for an undisclosed fee."

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5925/PETER-PAWLETT-IS-TANGERINE.html

"Dundee United have signed, subject to clearance, attacker Peter Pawlett for an undisclosed fee. Peter joins on a contract until the end of the 2021 season."

So, a fiver each probably. Or £150k. Or f**k all. 

Guest DAVIDB69

I still have concerns with these mass clear outs each year, if we don’t go up.

If we don’t there will be no doubt another job lot brought in , we throw the betfred, they we have a bad start and chase someone, rinse and repeat