Dundee United 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Loemba is on a half decent wage and has uprooted his entire family across here. He knows he isnt part of the plans but seems quite happy to sit and take a wage rather than move again. If we offer him a pay off, you never know

Such a pathetic loser attidude and one that can be done without.  The quicker he moves on by choice or forced to the better as that wage can be used on a more productive individual. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

Such a pathetic loser attidude and one that can be done without.  The quicker he moves on by choice or forced to the better as that wage can be used on a more productive individual. 

That's perhaps a little harsh. Doesn't seem like Loemba has done a great deal wrong here. He presumably came to the club in good faith and under the impression that he would be given the chance to play. Neilson clearly doesn't fancy him, which is fair enough, but equally certain commitments were made to Loemba and he's entitled to expect that they'll be honoured.

No doubt he'll be away in the summer once a mutually acceptable figure can be agreed in compensation. Likewise Rubbish, Aird, Frans etc.

FWIW Loemba actually looked half decent in the first half dozen or so league games of the season, so much so that I actually thought we had a player on our hands.

not sure if it was attitude or what but it just never worked out. 

Interesting article in the Evening News about Laszlo.

ex-hearts-and-dundee-united-boss-csaba-laszlo-keen-to-manage-in-scotland-again

Highlights include:

“I had a conversation with Dundee United about being a sports director there. The new owner came and nothing worked out the way I wished.

and 

His desire for stability is pertinent given United were controlled by three different regimes during 2018. Stephen Thompson appointed Laszlo but his family’s long control of the Tayside club ended in March when Mike Martin took over as chairman. Martin was then succeeded by the American businessman Mark Ogren in December.

“I never heard of three different owners in one year in my life before,” chuckled Laszlo. “It means three different ideas. I had a really good relationship with Mike Martin and Stephen Thompson. The new owner has a different idea but I enjoyed my time at Dundee United and I met some really good people there. It was definitely not a waste of time to be there.”

Did it escape Laszlo's attention that he was sacked a good two months before Ogren took over the club? Such an odd little man.

3 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Such a pathetic loser attidude and one that can be done without.  

I don't agree with that. This is his job and his young family have moved here on the basis of a lengthy and fairly well paid contract offered by United. The club needs to offer him a deal to leave, it is the fault of the previous regime for sanctioning the signing, not Loemba's. 

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Interesting article in the Evening News about Laszlo.

ex-hearts-and-dundee-united-boss-csaba-laszlo-keen-to-manage-in-scotland-again

Highlights include:

and 

Did it escape Laszlo's attention that he was sacked a good two months before Ogren took over the club? Such an odd little man.

That's what I picked up from the interview, he seems to be bending the timeline of what happened during his time and then his departure. Martin was a huge advocate of Laszlo and would have been happy for him to be Sporting Director.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Mal Brannigan and Tony Asghar have said they were at games back in march and april last year. Given how long this takeover process has apparently been, it wouldn't surprise me if he met Mark Ogren at least once.

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

That's what I picked up from the interview, he seems to be bending the timeline of what happened during his time and then his departure. Martin was a huge advocate of Laszlo and would have been happy for him to be Sporting Director.

I'm not sure about that second point.  Club was toxic with Thompson still involved so Martin (and the others) stepped in to take hold of the reins for a few months pending the sale to a new long term owner. I think Laszlo was only ever being kept on pending the new guy appointing his own manager. That strategy eventually became untenable as the team continued to deteriorate under Laszlo. 

5 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Mal Brannigan and Tony Asghar have said they were at games back in march and april last year. Given how long this takeover process has apparently been, it wouldn't surprise me if he met Mark Ogren at least once.

You may be right, although Brannigan and Asghar's interest pre-dates Ogren, I think. There was another potential purchaser involved but that fell through. Ogren only appeared later.

Anyway, it's amusing to think that Laszlo's brain is so addled that he failed to notice that he'd been sacked. Let's not sully that with plausible explanations.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I don't agree with that. This is his job and his young family have moved here on the basis of a lengthy and fairly well paid contract offered by United. The club needs to offer him a deal to leave, it is the fault of the previous regime for sanctioning the signing, not Loemba's. 

Totally agree.  I want Loemba gone but I won’t criticise him for protecting his interests.

1 minute ago, daveynareybrazil said:

Needed a good clear out but why before we play in the playoffs surely must be demoralising to possible players who we may require due to injuries

Can’t agree.

All of the ones let go today were either youth players miles from the first team or players who’d been away on loan and everyone knew weren’t going to feature.

The three a couple of days ago was more surprising in terms of timing but also were unlikely to be used.

2 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Seaman away back to Bournemouth apparently!  Strange timing if true.

More surprised by this one but I’ve seen it too so 99% sure it’s true.

I genuinely can’t think of who we could play at RB if Watson is injured now. Bouhenna maybe?

McMullan played RB for half an hour at Firhill when we lost 2-1 but we were just throwing on attacking players to try to get back into it. 

More surprised by this one but I’ve seen it too so 99% sure it’s true.
I genuinely can’t think of who we could play at RB if Watson is injured now. Bouhenna maybe?
McMullan played RB for half an hour at Firhill when we lost 2-1 but we were just throwing on attacking players to try to get back into it. 

Still can’t believe you punted Ballantyne .. not the tallest but a cracking RB .. and back up goalie!

5 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Neilson has said previously that Bouhenna can play right back, but don’t think he ever has for United.

He’d certainly be the most mobile of the centre half’s we have at the moment but not sure how much he’d offer going forward.

i’ve been to 33 league games this season and can’t ever remember him playing there. 

Just now, notsofedupendie said:

Still can’t believe you punted Ballantyne .. not the tallest but a cracking RB .. and back up goalie!

We recalled him from his loan at Montrose last year, played him once and he looked pretty good (albeit against Brechin) and then his name was obviously never pulled out of Csaba’s tombola and he disappeared away on loan again until he was punted at the end of the season.