Dundee United 2018/2019

4 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Emphasis was on the fact that it was ex-Arab Ryan McGowan that had given away the penalty; as opposed to the fact that it wasn't a foul. 

I've only seen it once, at normal speed, and it looked very much like he got the ball - however I am happy to be corrected, therefore will keep my eyes peeled for a slow-motion replay.

yes he did but only after taking Miller out first - stonewall penalty.

4 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Aberdeen in for Pav

3 hours ago, Daydream said:

That’ll be that then.

We should send him up to that barren wasteland for a week; he will be begging to return to civilisation.

36 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Can they afford 500k? Doubt it

They paid just shy of that for May.

Whether he stays or goes Safranko has been a fantastic loan signing.  It would be a real shame if we have not harnessed enough of his talent to guarantee promotion as we will be lucky to get a player of his calibre in the Championship again.

I think it’s likely he will go as he has the skill, the work rate  and the attitude to make it at a higher level, particularly if he’s played in a formation that makes the most of his abilities.

19 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:
23 hours ago, arab_joe said:
Emphasis was on the fact that it was ex-Arab Ryan McGowan that had given away the penalty; as opposed to the fact that it wasn't a foul. 
I've only seen it once, at normal speed, and it looked very much like he got the ball - however I am happy to be corrected, therefore will keep my eyes peeled for a slow-motion replay.

On my phone so can't be bothered posting the link but the highlights quite clearly show it's a stonewaller. As I thought at the time watching it live.

18 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

yes he did but only after taking Miller out first - stonewall penalty.

I don't know how to say this tactfully, but I genuinely don't care.

15 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I heard Aalborg are looking for far more than 500k for him so it's just bullshit paper talk. 

Although he is clearly a good player, we have been down the route of over-spending in the past (remember when Eddie Thompson personally paid for Lee Miller!?); and it doesn't end well.  If he is out of our budget (which appears likely) then I hope we wish him well and move on/concentrate on scouting other possibilities that are aligned with our budget/the club's overall sustainability.

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

Although he is clearly a good player, we have been down the route of over-spending in the past (remember when Eddie Thompson personally paid for Lee Miller!?); and it doesn't end well.  If he is out of our budget (which appears likely) then I hope we wish him well and move on/concentrate on scouting other possibilities that are aligned with our budget/the club's overall sustainability.

Did he? Eddie certainly spent a lot of money but mostly it was borrowing rather than him personally gifting cash to United. Hence the black hole of debt when he departed.

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Another 10 binned this morning.

More to come in the next fortnight

Which 10?  Seems slightly strange timing, given we still have at least two games to go...

37 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Did he? Eddie certainly spent a lot of money but mostly it was borrowing rather than him personally gifting cash to United. Hence the black hole of debt when he departed.

I always thought that was the case; that ET had essentially pushed for the transfer and when it hadn't worked out he had written off the 225k that Miller had cost.  However, I haven't found anything confirming that online, so it might have been nonsense/gossip that someone told me in The Snug.  Over the years I've believed many  such"exclusives" that turned out to be absolute garbage.

21 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Why is that Loemba still kicking about? Surely he will be getting binned too?

still got a year left. all the player that have left (I think) had contracts that expired in the summer, except for Fyvie.

Loemba is on a half decent wage and has uprooted his entire family across here. He knows he isnt part of the plans but seems quite happy to sit and take a wage rather than move again. If we offer him a pay off, you never know