Dundee United 2018/2019

I know we’ve signed the laddie Smith from Ayr on a pre-contract, but any other signings should be postponed until after we know which league we are going to play in.

There is an exception to every rule and the exception to this one is Safranko.

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:
2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:
You reckon Pav won't be at Tannadice next season then? 

Id be very surprised

Be great to see him in Tangerine next season but I reckon Aalborg must be wanting North of a million for him now which clearly United won't pay. 

21 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Be great to see him in Tangerine next season but I reckon Aalborg must be wanting North of a million for him now which clearly United won't pay. 

I don't believe that Aalborg can be that good that Safranko wouldn't at least improve their squad. Fucking Aalborg, ffs. They'll keep them, they'll play him and they'll be thankful for it. Cheeky Danish sods. 

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't believe that Aalborg can be that good that Safranko wouldn't at least improve their squad. Fucking Aalborg, ffs. They'll keep them, they'll play him and they'll be thankful for it. Cheeky Danish sods. 

I’d shed enough tears to flood the tay if we didn’t get him back... 

Craig Conway whipping in crosses to Pav would go down a treat.

Not sure if CC would still be able to do it at the top end of the Premiership but would be delighted for him to return should we fail to get promoted.

9 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Nesbitt, Gomis and Fyvie have all left the club.

IMG_4163.jpg

Shame for Fyvie. Gomis and Nesbitt were quickly superseded in January and didn't really contribute anything of note (although neither were really given much chance to do so).

39 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fyvie has chucked it. He's going part time with Cove. 

Clearly retiring from top level football due to his injuries. 

Gomis as always thanked for his efforts. Nesbitt who cares really. 

Real shame to hear that. He'll always be a hibs legend. 

Real pity for Fyvie,  his injury in late 2017 was a real horrible one and I guess it has taken its toll on him.

It's been nice to see Gomis back once again, although this spell has been just as underwhelming as the last one, if not more so.

Nesbitt? Meh...

On 5/2/2019 at 18:08, Dundee Hibernian said:

Sam Wardrop had another club lined up in January, and was leaving with a pay off, when he suffered the cruciate injury. The departure hadn't been sealed, and to United's credit, in a similar fashion as to their treatment of Deniz Mehmet, have worked with the lad to help him regain fitness without having to worry about finances.

I had high hopes for him, but given that he didn't play a minute in the league between August and January, it would appear he wasn't favoured even before any injury.  I'm glad that the club did that for him, but suspect he will be pushed out the door this summer. 

On 5/3/2019 at 22:57, Zaltan said:

There is talk that you are very interested in Zanatta,  was looking at him in Jan also Robbie had signed him at Hearts

Zanatta has serious potential, so if we are still in the Championship next season I think he would be a good signing (even if only on loan).

On 5/4/2019 at 07:16, Dele said:

How was Danny Cadamateri for you? 

His debut against Hearts was legendary (I re-watched and posted the 3 hour YouTube video of it on this thread a few weeks back, if you wish to make up your own mind...) but after that he was unspectacular.  That said, even Messi would have looked ordinary alongside Daly and Goodwillie that season so I don't think it is fair to criticise Cadamarteri.

On 5/4/2019 at 13:24, stewartyftd1 said:

Is there any specific reason why its Russell thats being suggested?

Because Dundee United fans are  unable to separate reality from fantasy.

On 5/5/2019 at 22:25, DAVIDB69 said:

Never a fan of bringing back old players especially ones whose best days are long gone

On 5/6/2019 at 02:06, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Not sure if CC would still be able to do it at the top end of the Premiership but would be delighted for him to return should we fail to get promoted.

I'd take him back as Chairman, Manager and/or Captain; whatever he so chooses.

16 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fyvie has chucked it. He's going part time with Cove. 

Clearly retiring from top level football due to his injuries. 

Good luck to him; heartbreaking for anyone at 26 to be forced to give up their career (especially one that they are so clearly talented in).

I know it hasn't received any attention on this thread (and there is little reason why it would), but I still can't get over how funny Dundee's relegation was.  You genuinely couldn't make it up: Jim McIntyre somehow persuading the Dundee board to sanction Criag Curran (for him to then score an impressive 0 goals); Ryan McGowan giving away a penalty that was never a penalty; Tony Andreu scoring the penalty; and then Neil McCann spectacularly breaking down on SportSound over suggestions that he was partly to blame.  I don't tend to spend too much of my life concentrating on DFC, but that was absolutely hilarious.

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

U wot M8?

Emphasis was on the fact that it was ex-Arab Ryan McGowan that had given away the penalty; as opposed to the fact that it wasn't a foul. 

I've only seen it once, at normal speed, and it looked very much like he got the ball - however I am happy to be corrected, therefore will keep my eyes peeled for a slow-motion replay.

16 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Nesbitt has been a shocking signing. The whole cost of that should be deducted from Nielson's wages. 

Of the January signings the only obvious failures have been Nesbitt and Gomis; that’s a reasonable proportion.

It’s when you look at our earlier signings that it becomes truly horrifying.