Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

How was the goalkeeper? 

His setup for the free kick which they scored from was poor but apart from that he had f**k all to do. 

Sow had an open goal 3/4 yards out and missed somehow so he looks like he’s back to square one in terms of confidence sadly. 

7 hours ago, NEFarab said:

His setup for the free kick which they scored from was poor but apart from that he had f**k all to do. 

Sow had an open goal 3/4 yards out and missed somehow so he looks like he’s back to square one in terms of confidence sadly. 

I have this terrible feeling that Neilson will persist with Sow throughout the playoffs simply to justify the signing despite the player having done nothing to merit his inclusion.

I hope it’s not too costly.

35 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Here's a wee look back at the league campaign, complete with a compilation of all our league goals (link). 

Good read as always stu, the compilation was absolutely fine too. It did however show how few quality, memorable goals we've scored at least in the league this season. I'd only rate Booth's freekick against Alloa and Safranko's volleys against Ayr and ICT as standouts.

Edited by captainkev

26 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Good read as always stu, the compilation was absolutely fine too. It did however show how few quality, memorable goals we've scored at least in the league this season. I'd only rate Booth's freekick against Alloa and Safranko's volleys against Ayr and ICT as standouts.

Few memorable goals and not very many real moments of genuine drama (apart from one or two little bursts like the Ayr game a couple of weeks ago). 

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I have this terrible feeling that Neilson will persist with Sow throughout the playoffs simply to justify the signing despite the player having done nothing to merit his inclusion.

I hope it’s not too costly.

I really like Sow but his confidence seems shot to pieces at the moment. 

I felt if he’d scored he would kick on but I’m fearful he’s almost trying too hard and it’s just not worked out thus far. 

I really like Sow but his confidence seems shot to pieces at the moment. 
I felt if he’d scored he would kick on but I’m fearful he’s almost trying too hard and it’s just not worked out thus far. 

I believe given time Sow will come good and be a real player for us, unfortunately the next few games are not the platform the see if he regains his mojo ................. F.T.D.'83.

11 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

I believe given time Sow will come good and be a real player for us, unfortunately the next few games are not the platform the see if he regains his mojo ................. F.T.D.'83.

That’s the nub of it.  The last few games should have been about cementing the Safranko/Clark partnership in a 4-4-2 formation not trying something that there’s not been time to properly develop.

22 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

I agree.

Really like the look of Sow and regardless of which league we are playing in next year I reckon he'll play a big part for us.

As for now, it should be a case of bench at best, and a good pre season to prepare him for the next campaign.

That being said.... something in me* says he is going be the man who  scores the goal that takes us back to the big time!

* probably alcohol.

Not exactly true. We prob need Pav and Clark starting the play off games however Pav wont be with us next year and Sow will

ETA - my point is its a balancing act

12 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Not exactly true. We prob need Pav and Clark starting the play off games however Pav wont be with us next year and Sow will

You reckon Pav won't be at Tannadice next season then? 

37 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

That’s for next season.  The only priority for now is maximising our chance of promotion.

That’s for next season.  The only priority for now is maximising our chance of promotion.
Catch 22. He needs games to get match sharp and build confidence however we need Pav and Clark starting to win games. He could be very useful if he was up to speed

Catch 22. He needs games to get match sharp and build confidence however we need Pav and Clark starting to win games. He could be very useful if he was up to speed

Definitely a player, but needs developing not thrown in to the dogfights we are about to endure, but I agree he is a great prospect at Tannadice [emoji968][emoji106]

Guest DAVIDB69
Craig Conway’s contract at Blackburn is up this summer, seems like today may have been his last game for them.  :whistle

Never a fan of bringing back old players especially ones whose best days are long gone