Dundee United 2018/2019

On reflection the championship is a great league to be part of, very competitive , some great grounds to visit, your playing for something and challenging for something every week, no old firm ! The only problem being that the object of the campaign is to win the thing and leave. Up to the so called "big" league, welcoming Govan scum 4/5 times a season, wrecking your pubs and Pissing in the street........

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

On reflection the championship is a great league to be part of, very competitive , some great grounds to visit, your playing for something and challenging for something every week, no old firm ! The only problem being that the object of the campaign is to win the thing and leave. Up to the so called "big" league, welcoming Govan scum 4/5 times a season, wrecking your pubs and Pissing in the street........

On further reflection, the championship is utter shite!

Get us oota there pronto!

5 hours ago, MacArab said:

I bet it took you all of 5 seconds to find this pish. And there will be plenty more where that came from.

Hope that answers your question Kincardine......

Hahaha yup, just searched ‘Rangers forum’, clicked on the first one I saw, first topic and then took two screenshots from the first couple of posts.  

6 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Lee Wallace could be good competition for Robson, but at 32 (in August) I doubt he will be good for 30+ games. 

Yeah, I doubt he would be too so having him to rotate with Robson as well as tutor him would be a good thing all round.

7 hours ago, arab_joe said:

I assume, if he arrives, that will see the end of Sam Wardrop?  No idea how we got that signing so wrong.

Probably because it was made by Csaba :lol:.

But on a serious note, I think he’s been injured most of the year but in his one league appearance against Dunfermline on the opening day he looked so far out of his depth. (to be fair to him so did most of his teammates)

9 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Lee Wallace could be good competition for Robson, but at 32 (in August) I doubt he will be good for 30+ games. 

I assume, if he arrives, that will see the end of Sam Wardrop?  No idea how we got that signing so wrong.

I think Jamie Robson's future lies at left wing, I doubt we'll see him play at left back unless absolutely needed to.

Sam Wardrop is a right back for 1, and 2, he's a young defender who has a cruciate injury and last month when I saw him walk out the caffe nero on argyle street he was still in crutches. Let's be patient with him.

4 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

I wouldn’t worry about the Govan team or their equally ugly sister, they will be moving to the English Priemership or some European elite super league soon...

Spoiler

Or sometime...

Spoiler

Or never...

13 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

...he's a young defender who has a cruciate injury and last month when I saw him walk out the caffe nero on argyle street he was still in crutches. Let's be patient with him.

I had no idea that was the reason for his absence this season; but certainly makes sense, as by all accounts he was excellent for Dumbarton. 

Hopefully he is fit for next season, as full-back has been a weak spot in our team for quite a few seasons.

Pav not getting a clean sweep obviously because itll keep his value down for our transfer swoop.
Heard it here first.
McMullan getting the vote from RN id assume. A bit like the Clubman award. Not a very good player but turns up early, tries hard, cuts up the half time oranges and collects the balls and strips at the end of the game.
Reminds me of a time when I played my first game for a new team. Manager told me I was starting, but then being pulled off at half time.

"Fucking brilliant" I said, "we only got oranges at my last club"

Apologies.

Sam Wardrop had another club lined up in January, and was leaving with a pay off, when he suffered the cruciate injury. The departure hadn't been sealed, and to United's credit, in a similar fashion as to their treatment of Deniz Mehmet, have worked with the lad to help him regain fitness without having to worry about finances.

21 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Reminds me of a time when I played my first game for a new team. Manager told me I was starting, but then being pulled off at half time.

Apologies.

Copyright Rodney Marsh.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Apologies.

Apology not accepted.

Please tell me this was a wind up only and not in any way serious.  Why would United be after Dylan Easton from Forfar who is probably unlikely to be anywhere near good enough and £750 a week and large signing bonus at Kelty Hearts really.

5 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Johnny Russell has also been SKC’s best player this year so somehow doubt it’ll him. 

I know. Its just wishful thinking from me. It'll be Safranko on a permanent deal. Be better to pay the money to getting Safranko and possibly making money from him than paying a 30 year old JR decent enough wages to tempt him back.