Dundee United 2018/2019

28 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Very sad if true. I had a feeling that it might take him a while longer to get properly back to full fitness after such a terrible injury but it never occurred to me that he might be finished already. Very sad. He was head and shoulders above everyone else at the club when he got injured and I think it was his injury that derailed the season.

No offence but I hope you're talking shite.

Hahaha I do as well but was passed on to me by the guy who sponsors him so sadly I think it’ll be true. 

Are we likely to open the Shed for home fans for our (hopefully) two play off matches at Tannadice?

from memory the only play off match we had utd fans in the shed in previous years was the Hamilton game at Tannadice (0-0, ridiculous Murray red card and no penalty)

3 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Are we likely to open the Shed for home fans for our (hopefully) two play off matches at Tannadice?

from memory the only play off match we had utd fans in the shed in previous years was the Hamilton game at Tannadice (0-0, ridiculous Murray red card and no penalty)

Understand for the final if we make it but no point for the semi. 

would just saturate the crowd even more than already is so wouldn’t improve the atmosphere.

i know a lot of folk grew up with the shed as ‘home’ but not needed for the semi.

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

IMG_4768.jpg

The rage, hatred and downright evil vibes and mood from the Sevco hordes will be something to behold if this happens :).

As such make it happen :thumsup2:thumsup2.

Also I guess this would be instantly deleted :lol:.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Why?

If the bitterness towards anything remotely United from one or two Rangers/Sevco fans I used to know is anything to by.

Would not transfer you lot a virus was heard more than once, how very bitter.

I have no doubt the grudge remains as strong as ever to this very day. 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

If the bitterness towards anything remotely United from one or two Rangers/Sevco fans I used to know is anything to by.

Moving from the particular to the general is the way of hysteria and you're on the right forum for that sort of pish.

If Lee Wallace goes to Tannadice next season I'd certainly not have a problem with it.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Moving from the particular to the general is the way of hysteria and you're on the right forum for that sort of pish.

If Lee Wallace goes to Tannadice next season I'd certainly not have a problem with it.

I would not be unhappy with Wallace being signed, it would certainly be better than having Booth or Robson at left back being honest.  In fairness Robson has looked good playing in his new midfield role of late and Booth is decent but I think a better acquisition for left back could be done with.

I would also assume any move for Wallace would depend on achieving promotion, as I would imagine he will have other offers elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Wallace would be an excellent signing for Dundee United. 

Would Hearts not be an option for him? 

Yeah, you would think Hearts would be wanting him, but knowing Levien they've probably got some 7ft Czech Left-back already signed up. Maybe he wants to work with his mates Lee McCulloch and Neil Alexander?

Would take him, would do a job for us in the Premiership, should we go up.

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Yeah, you would think Hearts would be wanting him, but knowing Levien they've probably got some 7ft Czech Left-back already signed up. Maybe he wants to work with his mates Lee McCulloch and Neil Alexander?

Would take him, would do a job for us in the Premiership, should we go up.

I might be wrong but is  McCulloch not only in his strikers coach role to the end of the season.  Maybe there is an option to extend that but would he be interested in doing so.  

6 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

...the only play off match we had utd fans in the shed in previous years was the Hamilton game at Tannadice (0-0, ridiculous Murray red card and no penalty)

I still can't quite believe that Murray got sent off for that; if that injustice had impacted either side of the Old Firm the game would have been replayed, the referee sacked (murdered?), and Simon Murray called up to the Scotland squad. It may be the single worst decision that I have ever seen any referee make (and I attended the Scotland B game against Turkey at Tannadice (about 2004) when Stephen Caldwell made a diving save with his hand and the referee waved play on).

6 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Not sure if I’d be in the minority but I’d genuinely be pretty happy with that. 

Lee Wallace could be good competition for Robson, but at 32 (in August) I doubt he will be good for 30+ games. 

I assume, if he arrives, that will see the end of Sam Wardrop?  No idea how we got that signing so wrong.

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

...knowing Levien they've probably got some 7ft Czech Left-back already signed up. 

Jealous.  Nothing better than Levein's defences; I miss the days of playing 4 towering centre backs at Tannadice, with Sean Dillon the must cultured of the lot.

7 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

forgot to say hahahahaha

7A46CE87-0AAF-4419-A35A-C16C961114BC.png

3F9DCDEC-E192-420C-8B13-64F7389AD809.png

I bet it took you all of 5 seconds to find this pish. And there will be plenty more where that came from.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Why?

Hope that answers your question Kincardine......

How very gracious of you to give our business dealings your blessing ...............and not TOO condescending ..........