Dundee United 2018/2019

19 hours ago, MacArab said:

On another note...

My 3 year old has spent half the day wandering round the house singing...

”Down Down, Dundee FC are going Down Down”....

So proud.. That’s my boy. :thumsup2:wub::whistle 

My wife will be delighted to know that I am capable of acting like someone 61 years my junior.

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

Shat yerself again aye?

It would be very unusual for a three year old to shit themselves.  Once you become a father you will gain a better understanding of such things.

Pav not getting a clean sweep obviously because itll keep his value down for our transfer swoop.

Heard it here first.

McMullan getting the vote from RN id assume. A bit like the Clubman award. Not a very good player but turns up early, tries hard, cuts up the half time oranges and collects the balls and strips at the end of the game.

On 4/25/2019 at 17:15, Accent-Unknown said:

The Sun article has quotes from Tony Asghar, I'd trust it.

I don't doubt that Asghar said those things - it is more that I doubt anything material will come of it... and I note that it hasn't been mentioned since, so I am not getting my hopes up of Carlos Tevez playing up top at Tannadice next season.

On 4/27/2019 at 20:03, Mark Connolly said:

I know Falkirk are dreck, but we usually enjoying dropping points to that sort of shower.

I only saw the highlights on YouTube, but the "defending" from Falkirk for both goals was laughably bad. 

Some good saves from Falkirk's keeper, right enough, who might well be worth keeping tabs on; I can't see him breaking into Wolves' first team any time soon (ever?) but looks to have serious potential.

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

McMullan getting the vote from RN id assume. A bit like the Clubman award. Not a very good player but turns up early, tries hard, cuts up the half time oranges and collects the balls and strips at the end of the game.

If we had 11 players in the mould of McMullan, I suspect we might have gone up a couple of years back.  At the very least he had the stones to perform when he was doubted.

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Can't agree that McMullan is 'not a very good player'. He's struggled when the team as a whole has struggled, but he is a different sort of player from any other presently, both at Tannadice and in the Championship. I've not seen anyone who can go past players (plural) as he can at this level, however his final product has often been lacking.

On watching English televised games though, the final ball or cross at the top two levels often doesn't get by the first man, this from players rated much higher than McMullan. If he had that consistent final ball, he wouldn't be playing for Dundee United.

I'd also think opposition players don't relish facing him, as his pace and control can be difficult to deal with without conceding free kicks.

Can't agree that McMullan is 'not a very good player'. He's struggled when the team as a whole has struggled, but he is a different sort of player from any other presently, both at Tannadice and in the Championship. I've not seen anyone who can go past players (plural) as he can at this level, however his final product has often been lacking.
On watching English televised games though, the final ball or cross at the top two levels often doesn't get by the first man, this from players rated much higher than McMullan. If he had that consistent final ball, he wouldn't be playing for Dundee United.
I'd also think opposition players don't relish facing him, as his pace and control can be difficult to deal with without conceding free kicks.

Totally agree with this.......a few so called "better" players have gone missing this season when the game wasn't to their liking...a few more with the work ethic of McMullen wouldn't have done us any harm, and I agree he is not the finished article but would still be on my team sheet every game.

Fyvie going to hang up the boots at the end of the season due to his injury. 

Shame cause he was really coming onto a game before the injury and never nice to see a players career cut short due to injury.

setting up his own business too apparently. 

6 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Shame cause he was really coming onto a game before the injury and never nice to see a players career cut short due to injury.

Where you seeing this??

36 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

If true both disappointing and probably the right thing to do.

On 29/04/2019 at 04:09, MacArab said:

On another note...

My 3 year old has spent half the day wandering round the house singing...

”Down Down, Dundee FC are going Down Down”....

So proud.. That’s my boy. :thumsup2:wub::whistle 

He must be at a shite nursery - it should be "coming down". 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

He must be at a shite nursery - it should be "coming down". 

Actually, his nursery is pretty decent to be fair, but that’s beside the point.

Whist your argument may well hold some validity, I have 2 theories why he uses the word going, rather that coming in this case.

1. The word coming simply doesn’t work within the rhythm of the song. It would sound fucking ridiculous and he realises this, thus has ingeniously used the word going (despite its arguably grammatical inaccuracy), in order bring flow to the lyric set, against he backdrop of the Clark/Wagner classic ‘Downtown

2. The wee scamp simply has the unadulterated optimism brought about by being 3 and having not yet had all of his spirit and positivity kicked out of him yet (usually brought about by years of watching Scottish football), and as such believes that we will be waving ta ta to you lot as we gleefully pass you on the way back up.

Lets hope it’s number 2 and his positivity pays off.;) 

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Actually, his nursery is pretty decent to be fair, but that’s beside the point.

Whist your argument may well hold some validity, I have 2 theories why he uses the word going, rather that coming in this case.

1. The word coming simply doesn’t work within the rhythm of the song. It would sound fucking ridiculous and he realises this, thus has ingeniously used the word going (despite its arguably grammatical inaccuracy), in order bring flow to the lyric set, against he backdrop of the Clark/Wagner classic ‘Downtown

2. The wee scamp simply has the unadulterated optimism brought about by being 3 and having not yet had all of his spirit and positivity kicked out of him yet (usually brought about by years of watching Scottish football), and as such believes that we will be waving ta ta to you lot as we gleefully pass you on the way back up.

Lets hope it’s number 2 and his positivity pays off.;) 

"Going down" is fine grammatically. Your wee one's clearly already more advanced linguistically than Dee Man. 

4 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Very sad if true. I had a feeling that it might take him a while longer to get properly back to full fitness after such a terrible injury but it never occurred to me that he might be finished already. Very sad. He was head and shoulders above everyone else at the club when he got injured and I think it was his injury that derailed the season.

No offence but I hope you're talking shite.