Dundee United 2018/2019

Once again today’s tactics have left me baffled, frustrated and worried.

Execellent first 45 minutes with two goals, the second one really well worked.  This was largely as a result of playing an attacking formation.  Under no real pressure from Falkirk.

Dropped the pace for the first 18 minutes of the second half but still dominated the game and, again, little pressure from Falkirk.

63rd minute, 3 subbies and with no need to change the formation we do leading to a relatively uncomfortable last half hour.  Clark being denied a chance to play in a two with Safranko.  Makes no sense.  Falkirk unable to capitalise but if they had it would have been an uncomfortable end to the game.

Ignoring next week we are potentially 4 games away from promotion and whilst I’m convinced we have the players to achieve that I’m worried that the game management will be badly handled.

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Once again today’s tactics have left me baffled, frustrated and worried.

Execellent first 45 minutes with two goals, the second one really well worked.  This was largely as a result of playing an attacking formation.  Under no real pressure from Falkirk.

Dropped the pace for the first 18 minutes of the second half but still dominated the game and, again, little pressure from Falkirk.

63rd minute, 3 subbies and with no need to change the formation we do leading to a relatively uncomfortable last half hour.  Clark being denied a chance to play in a two with Safranko.  Makes no sense.  Falkirk unable to capitalise but if they had it would have been an uncomfortable end to the game.

Ignoring next week we are potentially 4 games away from promotion and whilst I’m convinced we have the players to achieve that I’m worried that the game management will be badly handled.

Dunno if it's as complicated as that Granny. 

Game was won before half time and Falkirk were offering f**k all in terms of threat.

If Queens had won yesterday, I reckon we'd have won by 6 today.

He gave some lads a run out and others a rest.

It was nothing more thsn a training excercise second half,  which is a bit of a shame, as I reckon we would have murdered them had we kept up the intensity. 

That being said, why take the risk in a meaningless game which was already won?

We have bigger fish to fry in the coming weeks.....

Yeah, a nothing game yesterday. Boys like Connolly & Pawlett got a complete rest, and Clark starting on the bench.

Sow was decent, comfortable with the ball at his feet. Falkirk keeper had a good first half, could’ve / should’ve been 4/5-0.

Falkirk upped their approach then on 60 mins Neilson made the triple sub (should’ve kept a sub back imo)

Then the game died. Until injury time.

11 hours ago, MacArab said:

Dunno if it's as complicated as that Granny. 

Game was won before half time and Falkirk were offering f**k all in terms of threat.

If Queens had won yesterday, I reckon we'd have won by 6 today.

He gave some lads a run out and others a rest.

It was nothing more thsn a training excercise second half,  which is a bit of a shame, as I reckon we would have murdered them had we kept up the intensity. 

That being said, why take the risk in a meaningless game which was already won?

We have bigger fish to fry in the coming weeks.....

We will have to agree to disagree. I want forward momentum, I think it’s important.  Neilson’s game management is awful and I hope it doesn’t end up costing us promotion.

Pulled his groin I think. Taken off straight away so hopefully not too serious.
Not entirely accurate mate. He pulled up when running against Dixon with a couple of minutes to go in the first half. He shouldve been hooked straight away so why he came out for the second half is a mystery. No point risking him yet kept on and made the injury worse. Poor management to be honest

46 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Not entirely accurate mate. He pulled up when running against Dixon with a couple of minutes to go in the first half. He shouldve been hooked straight away so why he came out for the second half is a mystery. No point risking him yet kept on and made the injury worse. Poor management to be honest

Interesting.  I remember him pulling up against Dixon and assumed he was just winded because as he walked backed after the ball had gone out there was no indication he had any discomfort.

Possibly trying to mask it as he didn’t want to go off?

He put his hand on his hamstring straight away and signalled he didnt want the ball for the remainder of the half. I assumed he wouldnt appear for the second half yet he did. A ridiculous decision considering the game was won and we have important matches coming up

6 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

He put his hand on his hamstring straight away and signalled he didnt want the ball for the remainder of the half. I assumed he wouldnt appear for the second half yet he did. A ridiculous decision considering the game was won and we have important matches coming up

Whit?

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

That is indeed a ridiculous decision.  Should be taking no risks at all until the playoffs.

On another note...

My 3 year old has spent half the day wandering round the house singing...

”Down Down, Dundee FC are going Down Down”....

So proud.. That’s my boy. :thumsup2:wub::whistle 

FPOTY - Safranko
FYPOTY - Robson 
GOTS - Clark v St Mirren (somehow?)
PPOTY - Safranko 
POTY - McMullan (interesting:huh:)

I reckon they’ve given it to him so Pav didn’t sweep the board and because they didn’t want a loanee getting it.
There’s no way on this earth that Pav hasn’t been our best player this season.

8 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

I reckon they’ve given it to him so Pav didn’t sweep the board and because they didn’t want a loanee getting it.

I get that impression too.

He could’ve (possibly should’ve) had a clean sweep and none could complain.

11 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

It's an odd award entirely. Pav voted POTY by both the fans and the players so who, apart from those two groups, really has a say on the subject? Presumably the coaching team? Fair enough, I suppose. Perhaps should be re-named Teacher's Pet Award. 

Nice for McMullan to get some recognition though. Started the season being told he was surplus to requirements and is still not particularly appreciated by a sizeable minority of the support. At least he kens his boss appreciates him.