Dundee United 2018/2019

4 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

IMG_4751.jpg

Looks like the Boca connection has been agreed for next year.

Seen that this morning, assume I'll be wrong as theres surely no way anyone would be boasting about things like this if I'm right, but you'll surely struggle to get work permits for players from Bocas youth system.

21 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Safranko is on 4, and should definitely accidentally get himself a yellow this Saturday & sit out Morton away.

Just don't allow him a post-match interview, as England did with  David Beckham (and Real did with Ramos, more recently)...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/oct/12/newsstory.sport8

21 hours ago, JessieField said:

You guys going to try and beat Falkirk on Saturday? Or are you intending to save them because of their vast travelling support?

Given we have lost to Queens, Partick and Alloa in the last few months, surely it is only fair that we also lose to Falkirk?

8 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Looks like the Boca connection has been agreed for next year.

Has there been any further information provided, as the only "source" I could find is an article in The Sun?  This sounds intriguing/complete and utter bullshit...

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Has there been any further information provided, as the only "source" I could find is an article in The Sun?  This sounds intriguing/complete and utter bullshit...

The Sun article has quotes from Tony Asghar, I'd trust it.

32 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Yes well these links only tend to occur between big clubs not diddy outfits like yourselves. 

We had a link up with AC Milana few years back. I suspect - much like that was for Dundee - this will bare no fruit for your club. 

46 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Yes well these links only tend to occur between big clubs not diddy outfits like yourselves. 

In fairness Dundee FC have more in common with Juniors than we do.  Will probably be playing in that league soon.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

We had a link up with AC Milana few years back. I suspect - much like that was for Dundee - this will bare no fruit for your club. 

I might be wrong but was that not a coaching education thing? I remember at the time seeing AC Milan stuff all over the Riverside Uni pitches and it seemed like it was heavily focused around coaching and education rather than necessarily player swapping. 

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I might be wrong but was that not a coaching education thing? I remember at the time seeing AC Milan stuff all over the Riverside Uni pitches and it seemed like it was heavily focused around coaching and education rather than necessarily player swapping. 

Ive just looked it up and it looks like you're right. I also just learnt it was actually Scot Gardiner that set it all up so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just his mates from some pub pretending to be Italian and drawing a wage from the club. :lol:

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen that this morning, assume I'll be wrong as theres surely no way anyone would be boasting about things like this if I'm right, but you'll surely struggle to get work permits for players from Bocas youth system.

Only if you pay them.