Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Do we reckon Friday night 17th May for the 2nd leg, can’t be Saturday with Dundee at home

The game at Dens is a 1230 kick off, so perhaps our game could kick off at half three or four. Surely the police can cope with that.

Nonetheless, I think the SPFL have opted for the less attractive Friday choice, deviating from the date which they had advertised on their site for almost a year. The organisation is only really bothered about fitting in a Celtic v The Rangers date without causing upset, all other clubs have to take what they are given and like it.

On 22/04/2019 at 02:09, Pull My Strings said:

Alborg spent £300k on him apparently but, for whatever reason, felt he wasn't needed last season. One can only assume that they're great and don't need him or the guy in charge is a complete balloon.

At a push, I can  maybe see him staying at United (decent sized club, decent wages, perhaps he's acquired an affinity with us), failing which maybe Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. He's far too good for County.

I get how that could be construed as sour grapes or similar but, really, he'd be up against shite like Billy McKay and Brian fucking Graham, ffs.

Decent troll. Surprised no County fans have bitten tbh. 

Guest DAVIDB69
The game at Dens is a 1230 kick off, so perhaps our game could kick off at half three or four. Surely the police can cope with that.

Nonetheless, I think the SPFL have opted for the less attractive Friday choice, deviating from the date which they had advertised on their site for almost a year. The organisation is only really bothered about fitting in a Celtic v The Rangers date without causing upset, all other clubs have to take what they are given and like it.

Must be decades since two games were in Dundee on same day. I just can’t see it.

I expect Friday night outside chance of Sunday 1230 with live spl games later

6 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Must be decades since two games were in Dundee on same day. I just can’t see it.

I expect Friday night outside chance of Sunday 1230 with live spl games later

Not even a decade. Assuming I've not forgotten a more recent example, we both played in Dundee on boxing day in 2012.

We had St. Johnstone for the early kick off and Dundee had Celtic in the evening. The only reason I remember that is because apparently TGFITW were in fine form that day; pissing in the stands and generally misbehaving, the pesky scamps*.

Anyway, the point is that both Dundee teams playing home games on the same day has happened recently. That said, it was probably a result of Dundee not being given the club 12 position until shortly before the season started.

After the fixtures had been set out and Dundee became club 12, I'm guessing the Christmas schedule didn't allow for either of the fixtures to be moved from boxing day, so we had to play our home games on the same day and make it work.

*glory hunting manky b*****ds

6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

You guys going to try and beat Falkirk on Saturday? Or are you intending to save them because of their vast travelling support?

Considering the teams we've lost to in the league this season, yous should probably focus on saving yourselves.

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

You guys going to try and beat Falkirk on Saturday? Or are you intending to save them because of their vast travelling support?

Falkirk’s support earlier in the season at Tanny was quite frankly shit.

Really like Palmerston as an away day but moving an hour further North in the summer so sorta hoping you go down, sorry. (Assuming we don’t go up) 

Edited by NEFarab

1 hour ago, JessieField said:

Falkirk fans on P&B are mostly bell-ends so I'm hoping they go down. It's going to be bad enough with the funsters arriving next season, best to flush an equivalent sized jobbie down to League 1 to maintain the equilibrium.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Falkirk fans on P&B are mostly bell-ends so I'm hoping they go down. It's going to be bad enough with the funsters arriving next season, best to flush an equivalent sized jobbie down to League 1 to maintain the equilibrium.

I never quite forgave them for the whole eye throwing thing with Dean Shiels a year or so back, like they care. I hope they get relegated, the arseholes.

I never quite forgave them for the whole eye throwing thing with Dean Shiels a year or so back, like they care. I hope they get relegated, the arseholes.
I never forgave you for David Goodwillie being a rapist so we are even, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I never forgave you for David Goodwillie being a rapist so we are even, I suppose.

No surprise to see you sticking up for some Grangemouth sket.