Dundee United 2018/2019

1 hour ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Could be the McCulloch connection .......... Had to be here for something.......God knows he's no striking coach !

McCulloch seems to have a lot of haters amongst our support (sevco connections the undoubted reason) but in a recent interview with Safranko big Pav was praising the work that McCulloch had done with him saying he was learning a lot and that is far more important for me than McCullochs past.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

wheres this coming from? Nothing has been mentioned elsewhere.

Yinited fan in the boozer :lol:

He's hit and miss with his exclusives, tbf.

9 hours ago, skinny arab said:

McCulloch seems to have a lot of haters amongst our support (sevco connections the undoubted reason) but in a recent interview with Safranko big Pav was praising the work that McCulloch had done with him saying he was learning a lot and that is far more important for me than McCullochs past.

Looking forward to Pav diving against Stirling Albion and elbowing people with no consequences tbh.

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is anyone else starting to believe? 

Belief is a fucking dangerous thing, right up there with hope and desperation.

Nope, I have resigned myself to agonising defeat in the playoffs.

Anything else is a bonus......

5 hours ago, MacArab said:

Belief is a fucking dangerous thing, right up there with hope and desperation.

Nope, I have resigned myself to agonising defeat in the playoffs.

Anything else is a bonus......

Ah... belief.  Allow me a minute to reminisce about a time I genuinely believed in DUFC.

It was August 2003.  A sunny day, if memory serves.   I'm walking to Tannadice for the first game of the season, the week after watching as we swept Everton aside in a pre-season friendly.  We had Ian McCall in charge (the hottest property in Scottish football) and had signed Collin Samuel (having reportedly fought off interest from England), Barry Robson (ICT's best player, I was assured), Scott Paterson (the commanding centre-back we so desperately needed), Mark Kerr (and, if Championship Manager at that time was anything to go by, he would be off to Real Madrid soon), and Derek McInnes (from the English Premier League, no less...)  and I genuinely believed we had the squad to split the Old Firm.  We dominated the first half.  Took the lead,  just after the hour mark, with a great finish by Collin Samuel.  So far so good.

Fast forward to the final whistle, and we have lost 2-1, Barry Robson has been red carded and my belief severely dented.  Our next 3 games?  Losses to Celtic, Heart and Rangers for a cumulative 11-1.  Belief gone.

Belief in DUFC is a cruel, cruel mistress.  Stay well away.

Until it is mathematically impossible for Ayr or ICT to catch us, I'll expect us to finish 4th.

“Was in today renewing mine. Incase anyone hasn't read it you will get a card for next season instead of the traditional book. There will be stewards standing at turnstiles with hand held scanners for next season. The following season there will be new turnstiles.
The cards can be added to for cup games. So if you want to go to a league cup game for example you go online and add it to your season card then just scan in on matchday.”

Stole this from tek towers, sounds really good

Apropos of nothing.  The ‘keep, punt, undecided’ thread, whilst amusing, ignores a key issue.  In this respect I’ll limit my remarks to United.

What is far more important than the abilities of individual players is are these players the best fit for the system the manager wants to play?

I think Safranko has been excellent this season but he’s really not a lone striker.  Equally Nicky Clark has done his best but he’s not a No 10.

I would far rather that the manager for next season (whoever it is) decides what formation he/she/they wants to play and keeps or brings in the players who compliment that formation.