Dundee United 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Seven points from our last three games guarantees us second spot.  Still a big ask but achievable.

If we face Ayr in the playoffs we do so knowing we can beat them; as you say psychology huge.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Four points.

You’re correct of course. That (hopefully) makes it far more likely.  I just hope we’re not going down to Greenock in the last game before the playoffs looking for anything.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

County drawing today is a bit of a punch in the guts.  Better tactics/performances in just a couple of games could have seen us neck and neck with the league leaders.

Better tactics/performances in just a couple of games could have seen us clear by double figure point margin. 

4 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

All if and buts. There is still a possibility though. They basically need three points to win the league due to their superior goal difference. They have three games to get that. Still a slim chance!

You're assuming we'll be consistent enough to win all 9 points.  I admire your confidence.

15 minutes ago, The DA said:

You're assuming we'll be consistent enough to win all 9 points.  I admire your confidence.

Anyone who thinks we can still win the league is living in fantasyland.

I would take second wrapped up by the end of the Falkirk game so we can rest men against Morton.

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:
24 minutes ago, The DA said:

I can't see us winning in Inverness next week tbh

Idk. Inverness have been pretty awful at home but pretty much unbeatable on the road.

On 4/7/2019 at 16:17, Karpaty Lviv said:

You’ve got a player in Scott Banks. He’ll turn out to be an excellent talent, no doubt about it. 

Great to hear.  It has been far too long since we had a decent graduate from the youth set-up (or it certainly feels that way, having been spoilt with the likes of Gauld, Armstrong, Russell and Goodie 5-10 years back). 

On 4/9/2019 at 00:05, Gibby82 said:

Neilson will get emptied in the summer, whether we go up or not.

I hope not.  In my eyes, regardless of how these last few games of the season go, the last thing that we need is a tumultuous transfer window with wholesale changes in the squad and backroom staff. 

On 4/10/2019 at 00:21, CaspianChris said:

Seen a bit of a carry on over the use of the Dundee Hibs badge regarding use of it and copyright infringement by ARAB TRUST.  

Can anyone on here give me a (relatively) impartial summary of what happened in relation to the Dundee Hibs badge!? 

I received the email, as a member of ArabTrust, but don't know the background story. 

On 4/10/2019 at 13:25, stumigoo said:

This morning Tony Asghar has confirmed that Neilson will be boss next season even if we do not get promoted - 

“He is absolutely part of the long-term plan. 100%. The relationship between us is fantastic and is getting stronger and stronger. Robbie understood right away what my role is. The key thing is trust. He trusts my judgment in terms of supporting him. I trust his judgment in regards to how he fulfils his role as head coach. I think he’s one of the best young managers in this country."

This is good to hear.  It feels like years since we had any medium-to-long term planning in place at the club.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:58, Radford said:

Liam Smith signs a pre-contract with United. A two-year deal starting this summer. 

A cracking signing in an area we really need to strengthen in.   

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Anyone who thinks we can still win the league is living in fantasyland.

100%.  We need to secure 2nd, to avoid the first round of the playoffs, but there is no way County are blowing this lead (and, even if they do, we will mess up any opportunity we are given...).