Dundee United 2018/2019

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Various reports that we are willing to pay £1m for Pav.

Easton and Robertson must have been on massive wages if we can now afford this.

Is it actually £1m or "we'll take him off your hands for a small fee"?

Id guess for £1m we could get a few better players. Not that i dislike big Pav.

42 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Aye, we won't be spending anywhere near £1m for him. You would hope. I like him, but leaving aside the unlikelihood of us having £1m lying around, he isn't that good.

1.  Safranko is a good player but not worth £1m.

2.  There is no way we are paying £1m for any player.

Other than that the report that we are interested in keeping him is encouraging.

8 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Win tomorrow it’s second at least for the season I think.

I love that optimism but unfortunately I don’t entirely share it.  

We would be six points ahead but with still nine games to play.  If we are six ahead with three to play I would maybe feel a wee bit more confident.

That said, if we are not going to win the league finishing second gives us a massive advantage over third or fourth.

I love that optimism but unfortunately I don’t entirely share it.  
We would be six points ahead but with still nine games to play.  If we are six ahead with three to play I would maybe feel a wee bit more confident.
That said, if we are not going to win the league finishing second gives us a massive advantage over third or fourth.

Away win for the Ton today and I fancy us still to win the thing outright [emoji968]F.T.D.'83.[emoji968]

Guest DAVIDB69

Play offs again the same pattern , we have been pretty dreadful the last two months of the season then we try and get up for the play offs again

At this point, wherever we may finish in the play off spots we should just ask if we can be excused to avoid inevitably making an arse of ourselves yet again.

I have a horrible feeling that we'll wind up scraping through to the play off final - likely because Ayr/Pars/ICT blow it rather than any particular quality on our part - only to get an absolute hounding at the hands of a pish Dundee team. We can then start  yet another season with a cloud of negativity hanging over us.

Have a look at the two championship teams that have come up through the play offs. When Accies got up, they had run Dundee right down to the wire and were fired up by sticking 10 past Morton in the last league game. Last year St. Mirren obviously won the league at a canter, but Livi had momentum from massively exceeding expectations. There's a particular type of mentality required by teams approaching these games and it really doesn't look like we have it given how persistently insipid we've been throughout this season.

Edited by captainkev

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

At this point, wherever we may finish in the play off spots we should just ask if we can be excused to avoid inevitably making arse of ourselves yet again.

I have a horrible feeling that we'll wind up scraping through to the play off final - likely because Ayr/Pars/ICT blow it rather than any particular quality on our part - only to then get an absolute hounding at the hands of a pish Dundee team. We can then start  yet another season with cloud of negativity hanging over us.

Have a look at the two championship teams that have come up through the play offs. When Accies got up, they had run Dundee right down to the wire and were fired up by sticking 10 past Morton in the last league game. Last year St. Mirren had obviously won the league at a canter, but Livi had momentum from massively exceeding expectations for them that season. There's a particular type of mentality required by teams approaching these games and we really don't look like we have it given how persistently insipid we've been throughout this season.

That last part. We just look incapable of building momentum and consolidating our position at all. Tbf though we are where we are right now and getting to the play off final would be a great achievement in itself because of how our season has went. 

But aye its destined to be a meeting with the Dees and then getting papped out to stay doon. 

I’ve tried to be positive the last few weeks but that was honking Thought the signings were universally terrible today and Sow clearly hasn’t been fit since the moment he arrived.
Connelly is starting to piss me right off, loves a self indulgent interview on arabzone and to scream at his teammates but he was absolutely bitched by McDonald all game and the number of times he let the ball bounce only for someone to turn him or have the ball end up in behind him was disgraceful.

Guest DAVIDB69
That last part. We just look incapable of building momentum and consolidating our position at all. Tbf though we are where we are right now and getting to the play off final would be a great achievement in itself because of how our season has went. 
But aye its destined to be a meeting with the Dees and then getting papped out to stay doon. 

The dees still might finish bottom , would rather they were 10th or bottom