Dundee United 2018/2019

Suspected that might be the case, was watching the game on Alba and looked a really bad one.
I take absolutely no pleasure in the misfortune of another, however this could be a big blow for them as he has been in fine goalscoring form. 2 of his goals the other night were fucking class. (Way better than anything he ever did for us).
If their form does falter as a result, we absolutely must take advantage... Whilst 2nd at least now looks likely, I really am not looking forward to the agony of the playoffs for the third year in a row.:unsure:

I agree with all of that, I would never wish injury on anyone.
I didn’t dislike McKay as much as a lot of the fan base did, he did score a few goals- even if most of them were penalties- and the atmosphere around the club was completely toxic at the time; it must have been a difficult place to be a striker.
County have now lost their main source of goals however and that must add a bit of pressure/ give us somewhat of an incentive. I still don’t think we will be champions but I think we could run them close, and we need a good run of form going into the playoffs, please for the love of god let it be third time lucky.

Just caught up on that ‘interview’ with Mark Ogren from last night that was on the bbc.
Buttock clenchingly embarrassing stuff man, he was clearly expecting an actual discussion about his plans for the club and ended up being told how Scottish people are funny because they have silly turns of phrase.

On 2/28/2019 at 02:07, ArabianKnight said:

Play off against Dundee. The inevitable inches closer and closer

That would be absolute torture.  The knowledge that they could keep us down would lead me to sleepless nights...

On 3/1/2019 at 13:36, Dirty Arab 83 said:

For as long as I can remember I was firmly in the camp of having both Dundee clubs in the same league "good for the city"&"good for both sides" ect........but given the choice right now I'd like them buried in some lower league, part time, bankrupt, never to rise again. Harsh ?

I think that us, Dundee and Scottish football in general benefit if both clubs are in the top league.  Proper derby games are brilliant, and some of the attendances at games involving teams currently towards the bottom of the Premiership are quite frankly pathetic.

On 3/1/2019 at 20:57, dregs 83 said:

Billy McKay out for the rest of the season with a broken arm.

A huge shame for him, and a massive blow for County.  Arguably less fashionable than Dobbie and Shankland, but incredibly impressive this season.

18 hours ago, FifeArab said:

The Shed Is gonna be bouncing tomorrow.

Well played to all of the fans who have pushed ticket sales over 7,000.

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

How do you boys feel about a potential play-off derby? I know I for one am shiteing myself at the prospect.

A genuinely horrible proposition. 

Even if we were 3-0 up with 3 minutes to go I'd be a nervous wreck, likely rocking back and forth with my eyes closed muttering something about Mypa...

Even if we were 3-0 up with 3 minutes to go I'd be a nervous wreck, likely rocking back and forth with my eyes closed muttering something about Mypa...

I kind of surprised at that tbh. I thought after us confirming your relegation a few seasons ago you lot would relish the chance to do the same to us.

10 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Dundee United never played Mypa.  Never.  

I would appreciate it if you do not refer to this non-existent fixture again.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I kind of surprised at that tbh. I thought after us confirming your relegation a few seasons ago you lot would relish the chance to do the same to us.

Nah. The prospect that you lot could keep us down for another season is fucking unthinkable.

The chance to get revenge isn't worth the risk.

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Dundee United never played Mypa.  Never.  

I would appreciate it if you do not refer to this non-existent fixture again.

Yeah we did.... I was there..... :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Yeah we did.... I was there..... :rolleyes:

Not that I wish to dwell on The game that shall not be discussed, but even now (bear in mind it was the best part of 15 years ago) I still sometimes can't believe we blew it.  That opening 30 minutes was about as good as I have ever seen United - Collin Samuel looked world-class;  and that last 30 minutes was about as bad as I have ever seen United - Stuart Duff looked like someone who had never even played football before.  The only other game that provokes a reaction even close is the 2008/Mark Kerr back-pass League Cup Final.  Breaks my heart to this day (and not least because, in my eyes, Kerr should have been a United legend but that back-pass essentially signalled the end of his tenure and the memory of his time with us has been forever tainted).

I guess the preceding paragraph shows why I don't want Dundee in the play-offs.  I don't need a third game to be playing over in my head weekly until 2034...

24 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Not that I wish to dwell on The game that shall not be discussed, but even now (bear in mind it was the best part of 15 years ago) I still sometimes can't believe we blew it.  That opening 30 minutes was about as good as I have ever seen United - Collin Samuel looked world-class;  and that last 30 minutes was about as bad as I have ever seen United - Stuart Duff looked like someone who had never even played football before.  The only other game that provokes a reaction even close is the 2008/Mark Kerr back-pass League Cup Final.  Breaks my heart to this day (and not least because, in my eyes, Kerr should have been a United legend but that back-pass essentially signalled the end of his tenure and the memory of his time with us has been forever tainted).

I guess the preceding paragraph shows why I don't want Dundee in the play-offs.  I don't need a third game to be playing over in my head weekly until 2034...

The 2008 final is still the most painful to look back on of all the games I've been to. To have outplayed one of the Old Firm in a cup final over regular time only to throw away that equaliser - Mark bloody Kerr - will always haunt me. Knocking Rangers out on the way to winning in 2010 hasn't helped either. Even the 2014 final and the doon derby aren't close to it. 

As for the Mypa game, I wasn't particularly aware at the time how much of a minter it was getting knocked out like that, so it's never really stuck with me. Of the few European games we've had in my time attending  the Slask game is the one that hurts the most.

We should have at least scored an away goal in Poland, if not led the tie coming back to Scotland. Having turned the scoreline around in the opening ten minutes and overall played really well, to go out on away goals due to a screamer strike just as it looked they were fading was/still is a real sore one.

Their fans were p***ks as well.

4 hours ago, arab_joe said:

some of the attendances at games involving teams currently towards the bottom of the Premiership are quite frankly pathetic.

Literally nobody cares about the attendances in Scottish football, apart from fans of large, unsuccessful, Scottish clubs.

And Falkirk fans.

Edited by RandomGuy.