Dundee United 2018/2019

I was going to say that the reserve team put out today, was arguably a better side than the team that started the first league game of the season.

But then I realised, it's not arguable at all. Crazy what difference a few weeks can make!

Laidlaw > Rakovan

Watson > Wardrop

Booth > Robson

Frans = Frans

Bouhenna > Edjenguele

Fyvie > Rabitsch

Nesbitt > Barton

Stanton = Stanton

McMullan > Loemba

Smith < Clark

Sow > Curran

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Booth > Robson

Can't agree with you on this. Robson has been a silly wee laddie at times, but think he's potentially better than Booth, who has been average at best most of his career. He might, nonetheless, make an ar5e of himself again at some stage, which would be an end of his chances, for me.

He'd have been at Southampton but for Venomgate in December 2017, and under better coaches. And I think that is what has held him back in recent times, having so many poor coaches, along with untalented players, guiding his development.

7 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can't agree with you on this. Robson has been a silly wee laddie at times, but think he's potentially better than Booth, who has been average at best most of his career. He might, nonetheless, make an ar5e of himself again at some stage, which would be an end of his chances, for me.

He'd have been at Southampton but for Venomgate in December 2017, and under better coaches. And I think that is what has held him back in recent times, having so many poor coaches, along with untalented players, guiding his development.

I’d have Booth over Robson any day of the week, though Robson did OK on Saturday.

It’s one thing for a player to have potential, it’s another for him to realise that potential.

Time will tell for Robson but his attitude may be his biggest hurdle.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d have Booth over Robson any day of the week, though Robson did OK on Saturday.

It’s one thing for a player to have potential, it’s another for him to realise that potential.

Time will tell for Robson but his attitude may be his biggest hurdle.

Fair enough, but Booth has no potential further than he is showing presently. I doubt any English Premier League scouts have ever looked at him as a prospect.

As you say, time will tell for Robson.

Booth isnt particularly convincing imo but has been playing better than Robson had been for months. Maybe with his time out and a new regime Robson may improve. Who knows?

Left back is still the weak point in the team but with the forwards we have now we should be more on the front foot and the left back area shouldnt be as big a problem.

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Gotta say how impressed I am by the Utd fans dedication  to their club stretching to giving  a blow-by-blow account of  a reserve game - I look forward to reading about their next game!  

"blow by blow account"

We had 35 shots on target ya daft c**t. If it was a blow by blow account this thread would be over 500 pages long.

Good to see your no bathered though. OYP!!

Just now, Ralphies_Chip said:

"blow by blow account"

We had 35 shots on target ya daft c**t. If it was a blow by blow account this thread would be over 500 pages long.

Good to see your no bathered though. OYP!!

You even counted the shots on target - that's some dedication for a reserve match

27 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Gotta say how impressed I am by the Utd fans dedication  to their club stretching to giving  a blow-by-blow account of  a reserve game - I look forward to reading about their next game!  

I am impressed by your nonchalance.

Hk Blues. Are you the nugget that was in the Tully the other day? 

I'd say travelling over 36,000 miles to see your team never win is some commitment. 

It's also incredibly hilarious, firstly for travelling that far to see utter dross and secondly because YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THEM WIN. 

Must be absolutely bieling no wonder you are absolutely broken by that 7-0 result :lol: just think if you stayed a few more days you could have taken it in as well :lol::lol::lol: