Dundee United 2018/2019

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

It basically is. Still think it looked strong initially but like I’ve said - it’s shown how far away from the first team they actually are.

I'm just messing. I've never heard of any of your guys, but then the same could be said for most your first team.

Is that Darren O'Dea? I've heard of him.

23 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

emoji443.pngDonald Trump feckin hates Dundee emoji441.png

Good. The feeling's mutual.

6 hours ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Have I missed something ? How come the Dee's have started slithering oot fae under their rock again...............

Every now and again you give us something to point and laugh at. The USA chant being the latest addition to the extensive list.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone heard the story from saturday about one of our fans being spat on by Maureens while he was unconscious?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47213524?__twitter_impression=true

Disgusting behaviour. 

I believe the guy who was unconscious is still in intensive care according to what I've read on FB??

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Looks like two pretty strong lineups in the reserve game today. Anyone here going along? I can’t make it but free entry and kick off is at 2.

I wonder what the score would have been if you hadn’t put out a strong side.

I wonder what the score would have been if you hadn’t put out a strong side.

Probably more? In all seriousness though the team obviously wasn’t as strong as I gave it credit for. I thought it would be interesting to see how the likes of Moore, Scott and Henvey, Lambert etc would match up to the reasonably experienced squad that you had put out and it obviously didn’t end well which is slightly surprising as these are boys who have shown promise and looked like they would be breaking into the first team fairly soon. This could be a blessing for us as it shows the manager that they are nowhere near ready to compete against a championship team, let along in the premier league.

Well done on your first win against any Dundee side in god knows how long though, enjoy it!

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

McGinn has got off with his assault on Cammy Smith

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47215971

The compliance  officer and disciplinary system is a complete farce and not fit for purpose and that joke decision is just another example of that. 

If Cammy Smith had been wearing green and white hoops then McGinn would have been handed a significant ban.

I'd be reluctant to criticise the decision without first knowing what was being judged. If it's the assault itself then the video evidence is clear. If the compliance officer is instead judging whether there's been a manifest error (as opposed to merely a difference of opinion) then it's less clear cut.

Either way, it makes no odds now. Smith's ok and the other player has shown himself to be a snide  coward. Move on.