Dundee United 2018/2019

22 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Ahhh........you took the time to count my emojis....how sweet. emoji7.png

It doesn't actually take much time to count for those of us who didn't fail Foundation Maths champ.

Gutted for you. 

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.05e2430e2973959c07f3603996dd5875.jpg

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fyvie in the team is testament to you not having seen him play recently.

Possibly true. He was poor against Ayr no doubt, but from memory he is a good midfielder - one that, if playing on form would be a decent Priemiership level player, so he stays in for me.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Possibly true. He was poor against Ayr no doubt, but from memory he is a good midfielder - one that, if playing on form would be a decent Priemiership level player, so he stays in for me.

Arguably the best player we have despite the recent signings but has been struggling for weeks.  I reckon he’s carrying an injury.  

The best thing for both him and the club is a period of rest and a fitness regime.

Fyvie won't start: if he does it's a sacking offence for Neilson. Stanton, too, will be a lucky man if he plays tomorrow.

No idea on the line up, think Sow might start at the expense of Safranko. I'm sure Connolly will start, and it will be interesting to see who drops out at centre back. I think Watson has been acceptable when he's played there, and might now be a forgotten man. He's looked a better CH than Bouhenna. 

Cammy Smith may also find it difficult to get a regular start when the line up settles down.

And it's only a matter of time when Laidlaw takes over from Benji.

But it's great that we look to have a more adaptable pool, so can replace tired players with fresh, and hopefully hungry stand-ins. I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow, and not just as has been the case for a very long time, just the day out.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah. He almost cost us what should have a very comfortable victory. What a difference it made today having two mobile, solid players in the middle. Fyvie and Stanton are both going to have to up their games significantly to compete with the two guys in there now.

I would class Stanton as mobile but far too often this season he has been totally ineffective. Both Harkes and Butcher were mobile and were also desperate to get involved in some way. Harked has a fantastic eye for a pass and seems to have great technique. Butcher enjoyed the physical side of things and contributed a great deal. 

for me the spine of the team has great potential to be the difference maker for us. Connelly and Reynolds with Harkes and Butcher ahead of them looks like a great base for guys like Pawlett, Smith, Clark and Safranko at the top end of the pitch.

Edited by stumigoo
For suggesting that Harkes had a fantastic eye for something other than a pass.

36 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I would class Stanton as mobile but far too often this season he has been totally ineffective. Both Harkes and Butcher were mobile and were also desperate to get involved in some way. Harked has a fantastic eye for a ass and seems to have great technique. Butcher enjoyed the physical side of things and contributed a great deal. 

for me the spine of the team has great potential to be the difference maker for us. Connelly and Reynolds with Harkes and Butcher ahead of them looks like a great base for guys like Pawlett, Smith, Clark and Safranko at the top end of the pitch.

Yeah, Stanton's mobile but he's a bit soft, compared to the two we had in there today who can both get around and hold off/knock over their opponent when they get there. It's not really a criticism of Stanton, but these guys are properly dynamic.

Stanton, McMullin, Frans, Gomis and Bouhenna all need to raise their game if they have any chance of getting a starting place in any game.

Nesbitt was knocking on the door and may feel a little aggrieved; that said he wasn’t great when he came on today.

Fyvie shouldn’t be playing at the moment, for both the team’s sake and his own.