Dundee United 2018/2019

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

He'll be a decent option for centre mid but definitely not for at centre back! 

Given we've already signed 4 midfielders with Pawlett on the way today, I would hazard a guess that he's being signed as a centre half.

Really not impressed with this one.

13 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Pawlett signing and Callum Butcher returning according to Courier.

I always thought Butcher was good centre mid, but bombscare at the back.

I still get a shiver thinking of the studs-up tackle on Butcher's debut.  Genuinely astonished it wasn't a red card.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We need an Andy Webster clone.

He is only 36...

7 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Could of done with Callum Butcher on Friday so I fully support this signing. He has been playing mostly as a holding mid position wise which we need

For Billericay Town! I ken we're shite but surely we need to set our sights on players actually playing at a decent standard? 

5 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

For Billericay Town! I ken we're shite but surely we need to set our sights on players actually playing at a decent standard? 

You clearly don’t know they are loaded so can match football league wages and have ambitious plans? that ignorance aside we need battlers and he is 1 bud we are easily bullied in games, I don’t say a team of hammer throwers but we need to toughen up or get smarter to scrap our way out this league 

3 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

You clearly don’t know they are loaded so can match football league wages and have ambitious plans? that ignorance aside we need battlers and he is 1 bud we are easily bullied in games, I don’t say a team of hammer throwers but we need to toughen up or get smarter to scrap our way out this league 

Exactly this. 

Tbh I think he's exactly what's needed in the midfield right now. 

15 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

I CLEARLY DO know that their crackpot of an owner is loaded. I also know that they are fucking gash and play in a league which makes the championship look like La Liga!!

Any good? Always seem to read mixed reviews about him. Can't say he's ever stood out against us.

Pretty sure he’s got our most assists this season, good cross on him but very rarely takes his man on. Would have been a good option off the bench, but think Neilson just didn’t rate him.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:
Fraser Aird away to QOTS on loan

Any good? Always seem to read mixed reviews about him. Can't say he's ever stood out against us.

If he can be arsed, he's OK.

Dobbie will score even more if Aird is crossing it.

Disappointed to see Aird go. Whatever his limitations he's always likely to set up a goal from nothing, even when the team are playing badly. King on the other hand offers virtually nothing.

Happy if Butcher comes back. Exactly the sort of hard, no-nonsense player we've been missing in the middle of the park.