Dundee United 2018/2019

10 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

The edge - talk to me and be kind.

Not as bad as some will make out and played his best football under McKinnon. Not much of a footballer though, can't pass the ball, slow and is always likely to give away a foul. Nice chap though by all accounts and fairly adept at winning high balls. Like a less shite Muirhead.

46 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

The edge - talk to me and be kind.

I’d rather be honest.  He’s not very  good and I am delighted he’s not going to be playing for us the rest of the season at least.

That said I hope he does a job for you.

3 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Hopefully allowing edge to leave indicates that a centre half is incoming. Neilson was critical of the defence after the Ayr game and we are crying out for a no nonsense leader at the back (how long have we been saying that now).

Who would you replace though Both our centre backs by and large have been good but Booth can easily get replaced and not be missed 

4 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Who would you replace though Both our centre backs by and large have been good but Booth can easily get replaced and not be missed 

Frans and Bouhenna are too similar for me, ball playing centre half types when we need a no nonsense hard as nails leader back there (Dods, Wilkie, Webster, etc). We are a soft touch at the back in my opinion and could do with a bit more aggression back there. 

16 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Hopefully allowing edge to leave indicates that a centre half is incoming. Neilson was critical of the defence after the Ayr game and we are crying out for a no nonsense leader at the back (how long have we been saying that now).

If we bring in such a player I would make him club captain right away.

13 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Frans and Bouhenna are too similar for me, ball playing centre half types when we need a no nonsense hard as nails leader back there (Dods, Wilkie, Webster, etc). We are a soft touch at the back in my opinion and could do with a bit more aggression back there. 

So basically should have nipped in and maybe resigned Steven Anderson from Saints but hopefully RN has a target in mind 

I think some of the players possibly are 'elsewhere' already, Loemba and Wardrop being examples. The signs are there on social media that they are away to other clubs, and it's a bit odd that their departures haven't been announced as yet. 

Perhaps there's been a hold up in bringing in in replacements, and these players, and some others haven't officially left as they may remotely be required as cover.

17 hours ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Kilmarnock and Ross County (LOL) both trying to hijack our bid for Pawlett according to a local journo in Milton Keynes.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if the transfer was hijacked.  I have a bad feeling about signing a player with such a bad history of injuries - from a quick look at his Wikipedia page he has managed less than 70 league games in the past four seasons.  Although he does appear to have the quality to improve the team, it is a big risk.

13 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Mohsni?

Really hope Loemba is away absolute imposter of a football player, hopefully Barton and rabbitsch away also, we really need to clear out as much of the dregs as possible and get in some with a bit of fight about them and hopefully kick on and get out of this league